Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oven Connection and Breaker Size

Hi all

For various reasons, my kitchen project was put on hold last year, but this
is now back on the agenda.

Some of you may remember the issues I had with the council inspector about
diversity calculations etc.
This was resolved by Adam W re-working the cooker circuit and providing Part
P documentation.

Anyhow - we have been looking at oven selection, and SWMBO says that a
single oven will be sufficient for her needs.
So we have a single 32A supply split to feed 2 locations, one for the hob
the other for the oven.

The oven being considered has a total connected load of 3500W so max current
draw 15A.
Is it an issue to connect this to the 32A supply given that the level of
protection will not be close to the max device rating?

I do not have the option of running a dedicated cable to this point. Nor do
I have a suitable place to introduce a local breaker.

TIA

Phil

Electrical connection to gas oven/hob ac1951[_2_] UK diy 4 April 14th 09 08:47 PM
Electric oven connection Nick H UK diy 2 March 1st 07 09:51 AM
Breaker size for oven BobH Home Repair 20 November 9th 06 07:11 AM
Hot tub Breaker tripping on 120V connection, 240V works fine Zoner Home Repair 14 August 17th 05 03:22 PM
Oven Breaker Size News Home Repair 8 January 27th 05 06:42 AM