Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin - now VAT exclusive prices

I notice Maplin have recently moved on their website to displaying VAT
exclusive prices. No warning on the pages, the VAT only goes on when
you order. that surely cannot be right?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote :
I notice Maplin have recently moved on their website to displaying VAT
exclusive prices. No warning on the pages, the VAT only goes on when you
order. that surely cannot be right?

Ignore that, I misread it - it adds the delivery on top at the end :/

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 28/03/2012, Brian Gaff supposed :
Quite a few shops work this way. I've no idea if its due to multinational
buying going on, so the local taxes go on at purchase time for that country.
Brian

Email:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
I notice Maplin have recently moved on their website to displaying VAT
exclusive prices. No warning on the pages, the VAT only goes on when you
order. that surely cannot be right?

-- Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

As said, it was delivery cost being added on top at the checkout, I was
trying to place an order for collection from my local Maplin.

I'm none to happy with Maplins policy of charging £2.99 for delivery of
an item, if the item is not in stock and you ask for it to be delivered
for collection at one of their own stores. Fair enough paying a
delivery charge for home dlelivery, but very unfair them charging you
to get it from one store to another store - simply because they don't
have the stock.

Anyone agree?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Harry
Bloomfield writes
on 28/03/2012, Brian Gaff supposed :
Quite a few shops work this way. I've no idea if its due to
multinational buying going on, so the local taxes go on at purchase
time for that country.
Brian

Email:

________________________________________________ _______________________
_______________________________________

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in
message . uk...
I notice Maplin have recently moved on their website to displaying
VAT exclusive prices. No warning on the pages, the VAT only goes on
when you order. that surely cannot be right?

-- Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

As said, it was delivery cost being added on top at the checkout, I was
trying to place an order for collection from my local Maplin.

I'm none to happy with Maplins policy of charging £2.99 for delivery of
an item, if the item is not in stock and you ask for it to be delivered
for collection at one of their own stores. Fair enough paying a
delivery charge for home dlelivery, but very unfair them charging you
to get it from one store to another store - simply because they don't
have the stock.

Anyone agree?

Yes
--
hugh

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

If you go into your local store, and they order it for you, there's no
delivery charge, at least if all you're buying is a couple of RAM
sticks. Not on the receipt I got this morning, anyway. On the downside,
I paid the store price, not the web price.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I'm none to happy with Maplins policy of charging £2.99 for delivery of
an item, if the item is not in stock and you ask for it to be delivered
for collection at one of their own stores. Fair enough paying a
delivery charge for home dlelivery, but very unfair them charging you
to get it from one store to another store - simply because they don't
have the stock.

Anyone agree?

Haven't bothered with them for ages. Their delivery is so slow - despite
costing the same as others. And of course just about everything they sell
can be bought elsewhere cheaper. It's quite sad, as they were once a
decent company.

--
*A backward poet writes inverse.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I'm none to happy with Maplins policy of charging £2.99 for delivery of
an item, if the item is not in stock and you ask for it to be delivered
for collection at one of their own stores. Fair enough paying a
delivery charge for home dlelivery, but very unfair them charging you
to get it from one store to another store - simply because they don't
have the stock.

Anyone agree?

Haven't bothered with them for ages. Their delivery is so slow - despite
costing the same as others. And of course just about everything they sell
can be bought elsewhere cheaper. It's quite sad, as they were once a
decent company.

True they used to sell proper electronics - but do you remember the 70's?
Paper order forms and lucky if you got the order inside a week - and 10-30%
was usually missing or on backorder...

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I'm none to happy with Maplins policy of charging £2.99 for
delivery of an item, if the item is not in stock and you ask for
it to be delivered for collection at one of their own stores.
Fair enough paying a delivery charge for home dlelivery, but very
unfair them charging you to get it from one store to another
store - simply because they don't have the stock.

Anyone agree?

Haven't bothered with them for ages. Their delivery is so slow -
despite costing the same as others. And of course just about
everything they sell can be bought elsewhere cheaper. It's quite
sad, as they were once a decent company.

True they used to sell proper electronics - but do you remember the
70's? Paper order forms and lucky if you got the order inside a week
- and 10-30% was usually missing or on backorder...

I remember. But that was that the 80's not the 70's.

--
Adam

Exclusive jewelry is created to showcase exquisite craftsmanship. Youshould also consider the cost factor and between contemporary and the'culture' based designs. Among all the metals used to make exclusive jewelry,gold and platinum are the most chos [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 26th 08 05:38 PM
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS JUST FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! [email protected] UK diy 2 September 19th 06 09:17 PM
New Bob V. interview.. Exclusive Pics. [email protected] Home Repair 1 February 21st 06 11:16 PM
Maplin Doctor Drivel UK diy 2 October 24th 05 09:35 PM
Exclusive right to sell, who pays whom? John Home Ownership 12 April 25th 05 03:19 PM