Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm bm is offline

Default Removing stains on rough cast

My house is roughcast with the white spar (I think that is the correct term)
and half way up there is a band of sandstone about 10ins wide
After a number of years this sandstone has been discoloured and in places is
quite dark
Below this band at irregular intervals the roughcast has been stained
Sometimes directly below the cement joining the blocks.
I have cleaned the sandstone fairly successfully but in places the discolour
is difficult to remove. It almost looks as if some substance has penetrated
the surface
I have tried bleach on the roughcast but was not successful.
Can anyone suggest how I can remove the stains on the roughcast?
It may be that I will require to get a professional to steam clean the
surface
Blair