Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default which headsets work under Win7 Pro 32?

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Nospam" wrote in message

My Plantronics DSP-400 headset worked perfectly with XP. The win7
compatibility checker said that it will work BUT, although it installs
and windows reports that it is OK, Skype and go2meeting say that it isn't
working.
I presume it's time to spend some money but there seem to be lots of
people on fora complaining that various headsets don't work with Win7;
which ones do work?

I have one here working on Vista 32.
The O/S whinged when it was first installed but the advice was to ignore
the complaints.
I will test it on my W7 64 bit and get back to you.

O.K. - installed straight away and worked.

4 items tried to install - two of them named Plantronics Headset.
The first 3 installed O.K. but the second instance of Plantronics Headset
failed.

Volume mixer shows that both the headset and microphone work.
I suspect that the extra control on the lead (mute and +/- volume) may be
the one failing but haven't tested this.

Just re-read your post, and went back and checked on Skype.
Skype reported that new devices had been found, and asked if they should be
used.
I said yes and the microphone and headphones work fine.
Possibly the Plantronics devices have been disabled for Skype at first
prompt?

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/) ,
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nospam" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Dave (and others). I just rang Plantronics and they said that old
DSP400s don't work on Win7 and that new ones do; mine is 4+ years old so
it counts as an old one.
This morning I had a 2 hour call so used an old analogue Logitech
headset and was surprised at how good it was. I could be persuaded to
spend money on a new one if there was something that was wirelessly
connected and had a decent battery life, but otherwise I might stay with
the analogue one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nospam" wrote in message

[...]

All I can say is "They lie!!!!"
Mine is well over 4 years old - I've worn out one set of foam covers (well,
they rotted).
I think I bought mine well before 2005 and had them working on Win2K.
So mine get grumbled at under Vista and W7 but they still work.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)