Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Thank God for facebook

Today I have found out via facebook that it is my girlfriend's 30th birthday
on Sunday.

That email sent via facebook has saved me a load of grief.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:08:37 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Today I have found out via facebook that it is my girlfriend's 30th birthday
on Sunday.

That email sent via facebook has saved me a load of grief.

That's not what for this guy said
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17323095
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil Addison
writes
wrote:

Today I have found out via facebook that it is my girlfriend's 30th birthday
on Sunday.

That email sent via facebook has saved me a load of grief.

That's not what for this guy said
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17323095

Life doesn't change, just the way it works.

The year before last a friend discovered her husbands "secret" folder -
and all the correspondence between him and his boyfriend

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , Phil Addison
writes
wrote:

Today I have found out via facebook that it is my girlfriend's
30th birthday on Sunday.

That email sent via facebook has saved me a load of grief.

That's not what for this guy said
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17323095

Life doesn't change, just the way it works.

The year before last a friend discovered her husbands "secret" folder
- and all the correspondence between him and his boyfriend

I have just deleted several facebook messages from some bird I was playing
around with last year. I had forgotten they were there and I leave my
facebook account logged in.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:23:46 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

I have just deleted several facebook messages from some bird I was
playing around with last year. I had forgotten they were there and I
leave my facebook account logged in.

You mean you have marked them as "deleted", as I understand it that
is all that has happened. The messages will still be stored and data
mined by Facebook and affliates...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:23:46 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

I have just deleted several facebook messages from some bird I was
playing around with last year. I had forgotten they were there and
I leave my facebook account logged in.

You mean you have marked them as "deleted", as I understand it that
is all that has happened. The messages will still be stored and data
mined by Facebook and affliates...

Yes, but the gf cannot see them.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Erm, seems to me to be a bit of overkill when you could actully use a
diary for this.
Brian

Email:

Diary?

write things down?

quaint

much better to let facebook message your phone

Diaries can be misplaced phones are apparently surgically attached

Son has a picture on his phone of the odometer reading of the last oil
change so he can work out when the next one is due

Regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:32:45 +0000, TMC wrote:
Diary?

write things down?

quaint

I scribble stuff like that down on the backs of business cards which then
live in my wallet...

Son has a picture on his phone of the odometer reading of the last oil
change so he can work out when the next one is due

.... and that gets scribbled down on the back page of the owners manual.

cheers

Jules
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:32:45 +0000, TMC wrote:
Diary?

write things down?

quaint

I scribble stuff like that down on the backs of business cards which
then live in my wallet...

Son has a picture on his phone of the odometer reading of the last
oil change so he can work out when the next one is due

... and that gets scribbled down on the back page of the owners
manual.

I have light on the dashboard to tell me that.

--
Adam

TOT; Facebook The Medway Handyman UK diy 18 October 30th 11 12:12 PM
Who is on Facebook? David F. Eisan[_2_] Woodworking 171 June 16th 11 06:24 AM
Facebook FFS Jim K[_3_] UK diy 0 March 3rd 11 02:36 PM
[C&UOT] facebook friends John Stumbles UK diy 33 July 27th 10 01:24 PM