Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adjusting UPVC front door.

On Mar 10, 6:26*pm, MarkG wrote:
I need to adjust my front door, as it's not locking properly (can't turn
the key to lock it, because the hook arms are not engaging in the frame
correctly).

I would call the bloke that fitted it a few months back, but he is a
useless ****, and I wouldn't trust him to tie his shoelaces properly.

I for the hinge caps off, and can see in/out and back/forth adjustment,
but not up/down.

Needless the say, the useless **** that fitted it didn't leave any
instructions, as I guess he is expecting me to get him back on a
charagable job to do it.. *(he can take a hike).

I figure the manufacturer most likely has adjustment instructions on their
website, if I could identify what type they are, i'm hoping someone here
may be able to help me out with that, (or if not, just some adjustment
tips).

The hinge caps have a centurion logo on them, and I took a picture he

http://tinyurl.com/6mo7fkk

Any help gratefully appreciated!

--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

I can't open your picture.
However the first thing you need to check is that the correct packing
pieces have been fitted to any glass in the door. They rely on the
glass to keep them square so this is vital. If not fitted correctly,
the door "droops" after a few weeks.

Pointless trying to adjust the door if they are not correct, it may
already have drooped beyond adjustment range already.

If this is so, you will have to force the door back to it's correct
place and fit proper wedges. They have to be a good fit all round the
plastic has little stength.

So first check is to get a try square and see that both door and frame
are square. (Or measure the diagonals, they should be the same)

If not the the glazing beads will have to come out, the door jacked up
until square and the correct wedges put between galss and frame so
that it can't drop again.
I'm betting you'll find the door has "drooped".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:22:27 -0000, harry wrote:

On Mar 10, 6:26 pm, MarkG wrote:
So first check is to get a try square and see that both door and frame
are square. (Or measure the diagonals, they should be the same)

If not the the glazing beads will have to come out, the door jacked up
until square and the correct wedges put between galss and frame so
that it can't drop again.
I'm betting you'll find the door has "drooped".

Diagonals are spot on, so I don't think this is the problem in this case.