Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Photo hosting sites

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 18:57:37 -0000, MuddyMike wrote:

Any suggestions as to the most user friendly?

I like tinypic, mainly beacuse you can easyly get a link that takes
people directly to the image and nothing but the image.

No 200 kilo bytes of javascript to enable a bit of eye candy or some
silly animated "slideshow" that doesn't work unless you have the
latest browser version and sixteen required plugins, no ads from
servers that take 2 weeks to respond then send a few more hundred
kilo bytes of irritating animated flash advert...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 18:57:37 -0000, MuddyMike wrote:

Any suggestions as to the most user friendly?

I like tinypic, mainly beacuse you can easyly get a link that takes
people directly to the image and nothing but the image.

No 200 kilo bytes of javascript to enable a bit of eye candy or some
silly animated "slideshow" that doesn't work unless you have the
latest browser version and sixteen required plugins, no ads from
servers that take 2 weeks to respond then send a few more hundred
kilo bytes of irritating animated flash advert...

I rented my own virtual server.

200 a year or something, and enough space, no adverts and HUGE speed.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article
o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Any suggestions as to the most user friendly?

I like tinypic, mainly beacuse you can easyly get a link
that takes people directly to the image and nothing but
the image.

Or even Dropbox.

But from the suggestions you can try most of them free and
see what you like, then decide if you're going to stay with
one (poosibly paying for a bit more storage space)

--
John Mulrooney

I had a friend once. . . but the lead broke and he ran off
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2012 10:30, JTM wrote:
In article
o.uk,
Dave wrote:
Any suggestions as to the most user friendly?

I like tinypic, mainly beacuse you can easyly get a link
that takes people directly to the image and nothing but
the image.

Or even Dropbox.

But from the suggestions you can try most of them free and
see what you like, then decide if you're going to stay with
one (poosibly paying for a bit more storage space)

I quite like Picasa/Google+. I don't find it the easiest to navigate
through but it's very impressive when I do get it to work. More of a
Facebook alternative than a photo host.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , stuart noble
writes

I quite like Picasa/Google+. I don't find it the easiest to navigate
through but it's very impressive when I do get it to work. More of a
Facebook alternative than a photo host.

Flash (or some equally intrusive nonsense) required on my last visit, v
annoying, I left.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:11:07 +0000, fred wrote:

I quite like Picasa/Google+. I don't find it the easiest to

navigate
through but it's very impressive when I do get it to work. More of

Facebook alternative than a photo host.

Flash (or some equally intrusive nonsense) required on my last visit, v
annoying, I left.

Aye, fine if you have the latest whiz bang super computer but
anything bit more ordinary or older and you lock out people. Browsers
can render many image formats natively you don't need anything other
than a URL that points to the image file.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:11:07 +0000, fred wrote:

I quite like Picasa/Google+. I don't find it the easiest to

navigate
through but it's very impressive when I do get it to work. More of

Facebook alternative than a photo host.

Flash (or some equally intrusive nonsense) required on my last visit, v
annoying, I left.

Aye, fine if you have the latest whiz bang super computer but
anything bit more ordinary or older and you lock out people. Browsers
can render many image formats natively you don't need anything other
than a URL that points to the image file.

We both know it's nothing about rendering images, it's about serving ads
and tracking behaviour, they've got to fund the 'free' sites somehow.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2012 01:21, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:11:07 +0000, fred wrote:

I quite like Picasa/Google+. I don't find it the easiest to

navigate
through but it's very impressive when I do get it to work. More of

Facebook alternative than a photo host.

Flash (or some equally intrusive nonsense) required on my last visit, v
annoying, I left.

Aye, fine if you have the latest whiz bang super computer but
anything bit more ordinary or older and you lock out people. Browsers
can render many image formats natively you don't need anything other
than a URL that points to the image file.

Actually mine is a Dell Dimension that was being thrown out by a
corporate customer as part of an upgrade, along with a hundred or so
others. EBay was awash with them for a while

Wiki / FAQ hosting Tabby UK diy 1 July 1st 11 01:39 AM
Good photo hosting site? The Dougster[_2_] Metalworking 8 December 20th 09 08:14 PM
Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!! ufi02 Electronics Repair 0 March 28th 09 01:34 PM
Magic Photo, easily blend your digigtal photo onto another image [email protected] Woodturning 0 April 14th 06 12:32 AM