Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good photo hosting site?

Today I repaired my Braun foil-style electric razor. Two bits of
plastic about 5 mm square broke off when I dropped it earlier. Like
fins, they press against springs that move hooks that engage the cover
that holds the foil.

I cleaned all the areas and parts and got the Gorilla Glue out of the
fridge. I applied just a little to each fin and used tweezers to
transfer the glue to the mating areas. I breathed on each to begin the
"kick" and poked and prodded while the glue got hard. Finally, they
stood proud and square, so I put the assembly in the toaster oven to
cure more quickly.

You guessed it; I melted my Braun.

Does anybody know a good photo site?

Cabin fever does the strangest things to people...

Douglas (Dana) Goncz, CPS
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"The Dougster" wrote in message
Today I repaired my Braun foil-style electric razor. Two bits of
plastic about 5 mm square broke off when I dropped it earlier. Like
fins, they press against springs that move hooks that engage the cover
that holds the foil.

I cleaned all the areas and parts and got the Gorilla Glue out of the
fridge. I applied just a little to each fin and used tweezers to
transfer the glue to the mating areas. I breathed on each to begin the
"kick" and poked and prodded while the glue got hard. Finally, they
stood proud and square, so I put the assembly in the toaster oven to
cure more quickly.

You guessed it; I melted my Braun.

Does anybody know a good photo site?

Cabin fever does the strangest things to people...

Douglas (Dana) Goncz, CPS
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

I use www.flickr.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:13:36 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

[...]

http://picasa.google.com/

The free photo handling program that you download is rather good, is
quite versitile and they give you literally gigabytes of storage space.

Its a Google side feature..so its quite reliable and open source.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 02:18:27 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

http://picasa.google.com/

The free photo handling program that you download is rather good, is
quite versitile and they give you literally gigabytes of storage space.

Only one gig. If you want more, you must pay:

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...y?answer=39567
--
RoRo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 20, 5:18*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
"The Dougster" wrote in message
Does anybody know a good photo site?

http://picasa.google.com/
Gunner

I have a matrix of half a dozen PCs, IE6, 7 and Firefox, two low-cost
dialup ISPs and part-time WiFi, so I minimize the software, just type
in a phone number and dial. For Picasa I use the Basic Uploader which
doesn't need any download, similarly Yahoo for mail, Google Groups for
reading and posting.

Before uploading photos I crop them and reduce the resolution to
100DPI.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"The Dougster" wrote in message

Does anybody know a good photo site?

www.imageshack.us
They do not force you to register to host photos. Can sometimes be a little
slow.

www.photobucket.com
Registration required, but a little faster and better organized.

www.yumabassman.com/gallery/
If its about fishing in Ariozna, you don't mind waiting for photos to be
authorized, and understand that the guy running it is a real prick. (LOL)

Cabin fever does the strangest things to people...

Is that related to the mass hallucination I hear about people claiming
frozen water falls from the sky?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://picasa.google.com/

The free photo handling program that you download is rather good, is
quite versitile and they give you literally gigabytes of storage space.

Only one gig. If you want more, you must pay:

Yeah, but a gig is a lot. Even if you upload full size pictures at 400-500K
that's well over 2000 pictures. I worried about storage space when I setup
my web forums and allowed built in picture hosting until I did the math.
The gallery doesn't even get used anymore. Users just upload and plug their
photos right into the forums.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://picasa.google.com/

The free photo handling program that you download is rather good, is
quite versitile and they give you literally gigabytes of storage space.

Only one gig. If you want more, you must pay:

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...y?answer=39567

A gig of 800x1200 or smaller res pictures is a LOT of pictures. And one
can then use Flickr etc etc