Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default paper shredder repair?

Hello,

I think someone has posted a link here in the past for a supplier of
cogs for paper shredders. Can anyone tell me the link please?

I have a Fellowes paper shredder. It claims to shred eight pages at a
time but is only managing two. I looked inside and the cogs are
plastic and one has a split in it. I am hoping changing the cog might
fix the problem.

If not, I will replace the shredder. I must have had it six or seven
years and although it is only used for domestic use, it is beginning
to show its age: some bits of plastic have started falling off but
nothing that exposes the blades and endangers the user.

Has anyone ordered any of the cheap shredders (£20ish) from CPC? I
wondered how good they were as a replacement?

One grumble is that we ought to shred junk mail as we receive it but
we tend to let it accumulate and then shred the night before the bin
men are due. Although we are not shredding mountains of paper, the
overheat cutout always seems to stop us halfway through. I am
surprised how quickly this operates. Are all shredders so quick to do
this?

Thanks,
Stephen.