Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default plasterboard jointing question

On 28/02/2012 12:56, ss wrote:
Making good progress with my partition wall however something I didnt
take account of was how to joint the new plasterboard to the artexed
ceiling as its obviously not a smooth surface.
The rest of the joints I am ok with.

A small radius of joint filler wiped into the corner (with a glove!) is
about your best bet assuming you are not going to hide it under coving
(where you will have the same problem with the edge of the coving
against the ceiling)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/02/2012 14:32, John Rumm wrote:
On 28/02/2012 12:56, ss wrote:
Making good progress with my partition wall however something I didnt
take account of was how to joint the new plasterboard to the artexed
ceiling as its obviously not a smooth surface.
The rest of the joints I am ok with.

A small radius of joint filler wiped into the corner (with a glove!) is
about your best bet

the glove prevents cracks appearing in your fingers
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 28/02/2012 12:56, ss wrote:
Making good progress with my partition wall however something I didnt
take account of was how to joint the new plasterboard to the artexed
ceiling as its obviously not a smooth surface.
The rest of the joints I am ok with.

A small radius of joint filler wiped into the corner (with a glove!) is
about your best bet

the glove prevents cracks appearing in your fingers

Thanks all for the replies, its seems like there is no hard and fast
rule, fortunately there are no large gaps so will probably just go with
joint filler and hope for the best.

Thanks to all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/02/2012 12:56, ss wrote:
Making good progress with my partition wall however something I didnt
take account of was how to joint the new plasterboard to the artexed
ceiling as its obviously not a smooth surface.
The rest of the joints I am ok with.

A small radius of joint filler wiped into the corner (with a glove!) is
about your best bet

the glove prevents cracks appearing in your fingers

Thanks all for the replies, its seems like there is no hard and fast
rule, fortunately there are no large gaps so will probably just go with
joint filler and hope for the best.

Thanks to all.

only issues I've ever had w pboard joints cracking are where scrim
tape has *not* been used.

Jim K