Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crazy phone call

On 23/02/2012 23:26, brass monkey wrote:

Anyway, I said thanks very much and put the phone down.
Number withheld, there's a surprise.

I have used the following with extreme success right down to the Indian
telemarketer giving me his salary and Macleans toothpaste !!

http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/english/counterscript.pdf

:¬))

--
http://www.gymratz.co.uk/brand-revie...ial.php?pp=999
Real reviews galore !!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:45:28 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 23/02/2012 23:26, brass monkey wrote:

Anyway, I said thanks very much and put the phone down.
Number withheld, there's a surprise.

I have used the following with extreme success right down to the Indian
telemarketer giving me his salary and Macleans toothpaste !!

http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/english/counterscript.pdf

On the rare occasions that I actually tried to speak to these people
they never varied from their script so just kept repeating their first
question.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/02/2012 14:24, Mark wrote:

http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/english/counterscript.pdf

On the rare occasions that I actually tried to speak to these people
they never varied from their script so just kept repeating their first
question.

You don't "speak" to them you reverse the questioning and engage them in
your own script then don't divert from it.
:¬)

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/02/2012 23:26, brass monkey wrote:

Anyway, I said thanks very much and put the phone down.
Number withheld, there's a surprise.

I have used the following with extreme success right down to the Indian
telemarketer giving me his salary and Macleans toothpaste !!

http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/english/counterscript.pdf

On the rare occasions that I actually tried to speak to these people
they never varied from their script so just kept repeating their first
question.

I got my first "Hello this is Jim from Windows Technical Support" one
yesterday ;-)

Each time he asked if I used Windows XP/Vista/7 etc I told a porky and
said "no not got any of those here, only BSD, and some Solaris boxes",
to which he attempted to go with "oh so you have got a Mac then". So I
said "none of those here", and he went back to the what version of
windows question. After about the third or fourth iteration, I said "You
know, if you are going to keep asking the same question over and over,
this is going to take a really long time!". At which point he hung up...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mark
writes
wrote:

On 23/02/2012 23:26, brass monkey wrote:

Anyway, I said thanks very much and put the phone down.
Number withheld, there's a surprise.

I have used the following with extreme success right down to the Indian
telemarketer giving me his salary and Macleans toothpaste !!

http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/english/counterscript.pdf

On the rare occasions that I actually tried to speak to these people
they never varied from their script so just kept repeating their first
question.

The Indian guy that contacted me about my "accident" was VERY
persistent, he even phoned me back twice after I had hung up on him
because it is no fun when they don't realise they are being taken for a
ride.

I had tried explaining that when I shot and killed my wife it was an
accident, although the police didn't believe me and were charging me
with murder. He still insisted I was due compensation!!

--
Bill

Crazy phone call Andrew Gabriel UK diy 264 March 5th 12 10:14 AM
Crazy phone call Lobster UK diy 24 February 25th 12 12:15 PM
Crazy phone call Brian Gaff UK diy 6 February 24th 12 05:50 PM
Crazy phone call Lee UK diy 2 February 24th 12 02:20 PM
Call me crazy (using hydraulic oil as a flood coolant) William G Darby Metalworking 19 August 16th 03 06:20 PM