Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nokia Phone Problem

I already posted this in uk.telecom.mobile but got no responses at all. I
realise it has now't to do with DIY but, having seen some of the expertise
on this group over the years I hope there is no objection if I repost it
here in hope of some help.

I had a Nokia 2330 Classic on the O2 (PAYG) network and could access my
webmail by going to my ISP site (www.talktalk.co.uk/mail), using the
provided Opera Mini browser, and
entering email addy and password. I have now been given a Nokia 6303
Classic which has been unlocked from the Vodaphone network and is running my
O2 SIM from the 2330 quite happily. Everything works fine except the
webmail. The phone has Opera Mini on board but it will not connect to the
internet, I just get a message to check my settings. The phone also has
its own default browser which does connect to the internet and browses web
sites
happily. The only problem is that I am unable to get the webmail. I
enter the email address and password as before but continuously get the
response that either the username or password are incorrect (which they
aren't). I have
ensured that the first character has not defaulted to upper case, turned off
predictive text and, on the advice of Nokia, I have reset the phone to
factory settings but all to no avail. Has anyone any experience of this
kind of problem and can possibly identify what is wrong please?

Ideally I would like to get the Opera Mini Browser working as the default
browser is extremely slow.

Since originally posting this I have re-downloaded the Opera Mini Browser
and had the internet settings re-sent from O2, but it still does not connect
to the internet.

--
Tinkerer