Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old scaffolding boards

Have been ringing round scaffolding companies for old boards and have
just abouts rung out of those in the immediate area.
No one has got any at the moment - someone just sold a load to
groundwork trust otherwise I would have been sorted.

Prices have been from 15-60p a foot -

There's a place in Liverpool who has some for £5 each but it's £40
delivery so that puts it out of our price range completely I think.

Any ideas where I might find any?

We need about a few hundred meters worth I think for the entire
allotment site so I know it's not going to be quick.

I'm in Chadderton in Oldham - there are places listed in Ashton, Bury
and Stalybridge but they're all a good few miles away so I can see the
cost of delivery being a bit much if I start going further afield.

Is it worth going to the reclaimed timber yard and seeing how much
they charge if they have anything suitable?

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mogga" wrote in message
news
[...]

This might be who you were referring to in Liverpool but have a look at
seller "exvoguemodel" on eBay (or via item number 110625117368 for example).

Speak to Alan, very friendly helpful guy. Recently had a large number from
him for a local project. So long as you don't mess him about he'll do his
best for you.

Regards,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:02:28 -0000, "Him & Her"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
news
[...]

Thanks! There's one nearer me with delivery for £24 quid for 50 of the
longest ones!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2012 12:18, mogga wrote:
[...]

Local independent tool hire shops often have them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:15:59 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Local independent tool hire shops often have them.

Hadn't thought of that!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Scaffolding Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 3 July 8th 08 11:46 AM
Scaffolding Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 8 July 5th 08 03:56 PM
Soffit boards - like Hardie Boards; but not..? What is it? StarMan Home Repair 4 May 9th 08 05:57 PM
Scaffolding SteveB Home Repair 11 August 10th 07 04:35 PM
Knot-free skirting boards, door linings, cill boards and architraves Cordless Crazy UK diy 12 March 12th 06 02:11 PM