Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Eco Queen.

Got a call from a regular customer on my way home last night, washing
machine pouring water all over the floor.

Diverted to go & have a look, since they are a good customer.

Lovely couple, but the lady is an extreme eco warrior.

Old washing machine apparently leaked badly, so they bought a brand new
one - which did the same.

Pulled it out & checked the trap (this sort
http://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-ma...rap-40mm/18640)

Absolutely full of limescale, so bad I had to break it out with a
screwdriver blade. Never seen anything so bad.

Waste pipe ran behind a cupboard so I couldn't get to it & the clips
holding the vertical pipe had come adrift, causing it to run uphill. I
could see into the waste & that was half full of scale as well.

Half a bottle of One Shot later I got it all cleared & re fixed everything.

It turns out she 'makes' her own 'save the planet' washing powder -
borax, soda & soap or something. Entirely natural & eco friendly
apparently - none of those 'nasty' chemicals.

Obviously the cause of the scale blockage.

So, being eco friendly caused her to scrap the old washing machine
unnecessarily, buy a new machine & add half a litre of sulphuric acid to
the eco system.

They don't really think things through do they?

queen nithyananthan arunachalam Metalworking 0 September 17th 10 08:18 AM
O.T Message from The Queen diggerop Woodworking 55 November 19th 09 04:36 AM
OT? Queen City mm Home Repair 0 March 13th 07 02:22 AM
Queen Bed j Woodworking 2 October 18th 06 12:37 AM
My Queen Needs a New Throne RWS Home Repair 23 January 14th 06 02:36 PM