Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Firefox latest release

Having followed the diversion on the gridwatch thread, I thought I would
check if my Firefox was up to date.

I am on Firefox 10 and the Help-About Firefox says I am up to date.

However if I go to http://www.google.co.uk/firefox it tells me I am not on
the latest version and gives a link to an upgrade page.
Of course, if I follow the link it then tells me I am up to date.

Someone somewhere is being economical with the truth.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:42:06 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:
However if I go to http://www.google.co.uk/firefox it tells me I am not
on the latest version and gives a link to an upgrade page. Of course, if
I follow the link it then tells me I am up to date.

Yes, Google (com and co.uk) does the same thing to me. I'm sure Google
will fix it soon; I'm wondering if their detection code hasn't been
updated yet, so when faced with a version it doesn't know about it
defaults to coughing up the warning.

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
Having followed the diversion on the gridwatch thread, I thought I would
check if my Firefox was up to date.

I am on Firefox 10 and the Help-About Firefox says I am up to date.

However if I go to http://www.google.co.uk/firefox it tells me I am not
on the latest version and gives a link to an upgrade page.
Of course, if I follow the link it then tells me I am up to date.

Someone somewhere is being economical with the truth.

Cheers

Dave R

It happened the other way for me. It said I was up to date but I wasn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 03/02/2012 16:55, Jules Richardson wrote:

Yes, Google (com and co.uk) does the same thing to me. I'm sure Google
will fix it soon; I'm wondering if their detection code hasn't been
updated yet, so when faced with a version it doesn't know about it
defaults to coughing up the warning.

I reckon that's the answer, it says the same about 11.0a2 not being "the
latest version" as well

Lee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lee wrote:
On 03/02/2012 16:55, Jules Richardson wrote:

Yes, Google (com and co.uk) does the same thing to me. I'm sure Google
will fix it soon; I'm wondering if their detection code hasn't been
updated yet, so when faced with a version it doesn't know about it
defaults to coughing up the warning.

I reckon that's the answer, it says the same about 11.0a2 not being "the
latest version" as well

Version 10.x is the current stable version and if you're updating on the
release channel, that's the latest you'll see.

Version 11 is currently in beta test, so won't show up on the updates
unless you're on that update channel. The latest version available for
download on the test channel is the alpha test version of 13.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:
Version 10.x is the current stable version ...
Version 11 is currently in beta test ...

I'm using Firefox 3.67. I feel old....

JGH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1103844 20120203 174847 jgharston wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
Version 10.x is the current stable version ...
Version 11 is currently in beta test ...

I'm using Firefox 3.67. I feel old....

No need, only a few months between v3 and v10 !!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jgharston wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
Version 10.x is the current stable version ...
Version 11 is currently in beta test ...

I'm using Firefox 3.67. I feel old....

You really should update, if only for the bug fixes and better security.
It costs nothing, and I've found no problems just letting it do its
thing, unlike Thunderbird, where the interface has changed almost beyond
recognition and has broken a lot of stuff I rely on.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 3, 4:42*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
Having followed the diversion on the gridwatch thread, I thought I would
check if my Firefox was up to date.

I am on Firefox 10 and the Help-About Firefox says I am up to date.

However if I go tohttp://www.google.co.uk/firefoxit tells me I am not on
the latest version and gives a link to an upgrade page.
Of course, if I follow the link it then tells me I am up to date.

Someone somewhere is being economical with the truth.

What do you expect from Firepox?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:
Version 10.x is the current stable version ...
Version 11 is currently in beta test ...

I'm using Firefox 3.67. I feel old....

No need, only a few months between v3 and v10 !!

And people moan about Windows updates.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson :
jgharston wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
Version 10.x is the current stable version ...
Version 11 is currently in beta test ...

I'm using Firefox 3.67. I feel old....

You really should update, if only for the bug fixes and better security.

Bug fixes?

I suspect that version n of most software has more bugs than version n-1.

--
Mike Barnes

Firefox Bill[_18_] UK diy 27 June 18th 11 03:36 PM
latest release game "Animal Color Cross" grace lily UK diy 1 June 29th 10 07:59 AM
allignment is not equal in firefox 1.5 & firefox 2.0.0.4 Mehul Home Repair 3 July 18th 07 04:48 PM
Firefox The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 19 July 23rd 06 03:04 PM