Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changing solenoid on a Triton shower

As the replacement part is readily available I take it that it should
be possible to take the existing one out and put a new one in. Does
anyone know if it is a case of removing just the solenoid coil or the
complete valve body?
--
rbel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , rbel ?@?.?
writes

As the replacement part is readily available I take it that it should
be possible to take the existing one out and put a new one in. Does
anyone know if it is a case of removing just the solenoid coil or the
complete valve body?

Usually the complete valve, the coil is frequently staked on but it's
still not a particularly difficult job.

Very occasionally you find that the valve is directly replaceable with a
(far cheaper) washing machine valve. On one I've fixed, it looked like a
custom valve but it was a wash m/c one with an extra flange that clipped
on and could be swapped over. Although I think shower ones have better
coils to stand a more continuous duty.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"rbel" wrote in message ...

As the replacement part is readily available I take it that it should
be possible to take the existing one out and put a new one in. Does
anyone know if it is a case of removing just the solenoid coil or the
complete valve body?
--
rbel

Just had a solenoid fail on our Triton 100E shower - it was only the coil
which had gone open circuit. The complete valve is available as a spare from
'Shower Spares' for about £34 plus pp plus VAT, but I removed an identical
coil from a washing machine inlet valve and used that. Here's one similar on
ebay for just over a fiver. The coil clips on and easily comes off with a
flat blade screwdriver inserted between the body and coil and then twisted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WASHING-MA...item3351f885ed

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:45:33 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

"rbel" wrote in message ...

As the replacement part is readily available I take it that it should
be possible to take the existing one out and put a new one in. Does
anyone know if it is a case of removing just the solenoid coil or the
complete valve body?
--
rbel

Just had a solenoid fail on our Triton 100E shower - it was only the coil
which had gone open circuit. The complete valve is available as a spare from
'Shower Spares' for about £34 plus pp plus VAT, but I removed an identical
coil from a washing machine inlet valve and used that. Here's one similar on
ebay for just over a fiver. The coil clips on and easily comes off with a
flat blade screwdriver inserted between the body and coil and then twisted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WASHING-MA...item3351f885ed

Very many thanks. Your response jogged my memory and I have just
replaced the coil with what appears to be an identical type that had
been lurking in my 'may possibly come in useful' box. The shower is
now functioning again.
--
rbel

Microswitches for Triton shower Clive George UK diy 10 January 15th 10 06:48 PM
One of those weeks/Triton Shower Clint Sharp UK diy 4 April 2nd 09 11:02 PM
shower solenoid valve problem? Tom B UK diy 2 December 28th 06 04:37 PM
Leaking Triton Shower Thomarse UK diy 0 December 12th 06 09:18 AM
Triton T80 Shower cutting out..... BAH UK diy 6 July 11th 03 02:51 PM