Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hotpoint Fridge Singing!

Hi, I've got a Hotpoint Future RL175 Fridge about 2 yrs old, after
closing it's door it " sings "! I presume it's the door seals reducing
the interior pressure, or just leaking. Any ideas, do I need to
replace the seal or just join in?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 23, 8:22*pm, rog wrote:
Hi, I've got a Hotpoint Future RL175 Fridge about 2 yrs old, after
closing it's door it " sings "! I presume it's the door seals reducing
the interior pressure, or just leaking. Any ideas, do I need to
replace the seal or just join in?

Get it on the X Factor, it's got to better than the crap they normally
have!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:22:30 -0800 (PST), rog
wrote:

Hi, I've got a Hotpoint Future RL175 Fridge about 2 yrs old, after
closing it's door it " sings "! I presume it's the door seals reducing
the interior pressure, or just leaking. Any ideas, do I need to
replace the seal or just join in?

A Hotpoint fridge by definition won't be keeping the food cold so it
may as well sing, but if it does sing it will no doubt be out of tune
and singing all the wrong notes in the wrong order

I've an fridge freezer in the workshop, a Tricity dating from thirty
plus years ago using lovely ozone eating R12 refrigerant that
noticeably sucks the door seal tight on the freezer compartment,
whistling as it does. The fridge compartment has never made any
noise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are you sure its the seals and not something actully vibrating in the
device. As you close the door the weight is redistributed. I had an Hitachi
doing this and moving it slightly on the floor seemed to fix it.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"rog" wrote in message
Hi, I've got a Hotpoint Future RL175 Fridge about 2 yrs old, after
closing it's door it " sings "! I presume it's the door seals reducing
the interior pressure, or just leaking. Any ideas, do I need to
replace the seal or just join in?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 24, 8:29*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Are you sure its the seals and not something actully vibrating in the
device. As you close the door the weight is redistributed. I had an Hitachi
doing this and moving it slightly on the floor seemed to fix it.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!"rog" wrote in message

Hi, I've got a Hotpoint Future RL175 Fridge about 2 yrs old, after
closing it's door it " sings "! I presume it's the door seals reducing
the interior pressure, or just leaking. Any ideas, do I need to
replace the seal or just join in?

Thanks for the advice, have slightly moved it and the fat lady sings
no more!
rog

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 25, 12:46*am, rog wrote:
On Jan 24, 8:29*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:

Are you sure its the seals and not something actully vibrating in the
device. As you close the door the weight is redistributed. I had an Hitachi
doing this and moving it slightly on the floor seemed to fix it.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!"rog" wrote in message

Hi, I've got a Hotpoint Future RL175 Fridge about 2 yrs old, after
closing it's door it " sings "! I presume it's the door seals reducing
the interior pressure, or just leaking. Any ideas, do I need to
replace the seal or just join in?

Thanks for the advice, have slightly moved it and the fat lady sings
no more!
rog

We had a fridge once which had a small plastic clip slipped over two
of the coils to kill vibration. Such a simple thing and it worked.

Paul Mc Cann

Dead Hotpoint Fridge Matt Home Repair 6 January 14th 07 12:13 PM
Hotpoint fridge always running [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 16th 06 04:57 PM
Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Andy- Home Ownership 0 January 6th 05 08:55 PM
Hotpoint ff93 fridge/freezer - fridge section not working DBridge UK diy 10 December 11th 04 03:49 PM
Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Ian UK diy 2 January 14th 04 12:44 AM