Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT PIP implants

I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 14, 6:32*pm, harry wrote:
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

There is a lengthy discussion on this matter over at
uk.legal.moderated

But while we're here, am I the only one struck by the similarity of
the situation that had just made the news with a plot on "Holby City"
a month or two back and which would have been filmed several months
before then. Has this been rumbling on for some while behind the
scenes?

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
But while we're here, am I the only one struck by the similarity of
the situation that had just made the news with a plot on "Holby City"
a month or two back and which would have been filmed several months
before then. Has this been rumbling on for some while behind the
scenes?

Yes.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:06:28 -0000, Andrew Gabriel
wrote:

In article
,
writes:
But while we're here, am I the only one struck by the similarity of
the situation that had just made the news with a plot on "Holby City"
a month or two back and which would have been filmed several months
before then. Has this been rumbling on for some while behind the
scenes?

Yes.

Didn't the PIP thing start to, up, blow up around a couple of years ago?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Why, are you thinking of getting yours removed?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Why, are you thinking of getting yours removed?

And where, harry, has it been inserted...?

I think we should be told...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/01/2012 20:12, geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Why, are you thinking of getting yours removed?

Are you suggesting that Harry's a right tit? g
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:12:56 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message
,
harry writes
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Why, are you thinking of getting yours removed?

No, he gets paid a Tit-In-Tariff.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message
, ha
ry writes
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Why, are you thinking of getting yours removed?

Harry had a silicone brain implant to make his look bigger.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

PIP Picture In Picture (TVs and monitors)
PIP Partido Independentista Puertorriqueño (pro-independence political
party; Puerto Rico)
PIP Partido Independentista Puertorriqueño (Puerto Rican Independence Party)
PIP Proposer Information Pamphlet (DARPA)
PIP Palisades Interstate Parkway (New Jersey)
PIP Paediatric Investigation Plan (EU)
PIP Policía de Investigaciones del Perú (Spanish: Investigative Police
of Peru)
PIP Paper Impact Printing
PIP Program Initialization Parameter
PIP Peripheral Interchange Program
PIP Programmable Interconnect Point
PIP Problem Isolation Procedure
PIP Payload Integration Plan
PIP Process Improvement Proposal
PIP Precipitation Intercomparison Project
PIP Pressure Indicating Paste (dentistry)
PIP Packet Interface Port
PIP Positive Inspiratory Pressure
PIP Professional Intern Program
PIP Player Initiative Point (fantasy wargaming)
PIP Plot Inconsistencies Project
PIP Posterior Intraparietal
PIP Partnership in Protection
PIP Pension Input Period (UK)
PIP Public Interest Parole (US INS)
PIP Procedural Interrupt Positive (ITU-T Rec. T.30)
PIP Protected Index Participation
PIP Product Improvement Proposal
PIP Pump Intake Pressure
PIP Payment in Progress (Google AdSense)
PIP Production-Injection Packer
PIP Price Improvement Service (German alternative stock market)
PIP Privatization In Place
PIP Project Integration Program (UBC Electrical Engineering)
PIP Private Independent Practitioner (social work certification)
PIP Project on Inequality and Poverty
PIP Peripheral Interface Program
PIP Primary Injection Point
PIP Protected Index Program (PTI Securities & Futures LP)
PIP Priority Interconnection Plan (European Union)
PIP Path Independent Protocol
PIP Plant-In-Place
PIP Process Instrumentation Process
PIP Programmed Individual Presentation
PIP Pulsed Integrating Pendulum
PIP Peak Inspiration Pressure
PIP Police Information Project (ISLP)
PIP Post Issuance Portal
PIP Post-Harvest Institute of Perishables
PIP Precise Installation Position
PIP Power Input Panel
PIP Pré-Introductiepracticum (Dutch)
PIP Pilot Implementation Plan
PIP Projected Intercept Point
PIP Payload Impact Plan
PIP Percentage Increment Point (smallest increment point of a currency pair.
PIP Procedural Interface Protocol
PIP Program Information Request/Release
PIP Pig Improvement Program
PIP Power Improvement Program
PIP Precision Instrumentation Package
PIP Potential Integrator and Plotting
PIP Production Installation Procedures
PIP Precise Impulse Propulsion
PIP Plug-In Provisioning (Ciena)
PIP Propellant Initiation Program
PIP Plume Interference Prediction
PIP Preliminary Installation Planning
PIP Planning Integration Panel
PIP Personnel Insight Program
PIP Posted Information Plate
PIP Partial Interference Pre-Subtraction
PIP Per Incident Pricing
PIP Personnel Identity Protection Program (US DoD)
PIP Protocol User-Initiated Provisioning
PIP Position Indication Probe (nuclear power)
PIP Position Integration Project
PIP Personnel Improvement Program (US DoD)
PIP POM (Program Objective Memorandum) Initiative Builder
PIP Presence Information Protocol
PIP process integration pack
PIP Private IP
PiP Pricing in Proportion (UK Royal Mail)
PIP Pipe-In-Pipe (oil & gas pipeline)
PIP Post Implementation Review
PIP Percentage of Income Payment
PIP Proximal Interphalangeal (finger joint)
PiP Parents in Partnership (foster parents)
PIP Partners in Protection (Canada Border Services Agency)
PIP Predicted Impact Point (missile defense)
PIP Property Investment Portfolio (UK)
PIP Profit Improvement Proposal
PIP Preliminary Investment Proposal
PIP Parole in Place (USCIS)
PIP Projected Impact Point (missile defense)
PIP Presses Internationales Polytechnique (Canadian educational book
publisher)
PIP Partners in Print
PIP Peak Inspiratory Pressure
PIP Product Improvement Program
PIP Price Interest Point (currency trading)
PIP Process Improvement Plan
PIP Predicted Intercept Point
PIP Pandemic Influenza Preparedness (various locations)
PIP Personal Improvement Plan
PIP Public Investment Programme
PIP Plastic Irrigation Pipe
PIP Partnership in Power
PIP Peerless Internet Protocol (Network)
PIP Property Improvement Plan
PIP Public Information Panels
PIP Puerto Rican Independence Party
PIP Patient in Pain
PIP Pretty in Pink
PIP Project Information Portal (GSA)
PIP Preliminary Information Package
PIP Personal Investment Portfolio
PIP Public Involvement Program
PIP Priority Inheritance Protocol
PIP Process Industry Practices
PIP Performance Incentive Plan (various organizations)
PiP Patients in Partnership
PIP Professional Improvement Plan
PIP Partners in Planning Financial Services Ltd. (also seen as PIPFS;
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
PIP Patient Information Publications (UK)
PIP Personal Input Pod (Vyro Games)
PIP Process Integration Program (Hewlett Packard)
PIP Product Improvement Plan
PIP Process Improvement Process
PIP Project Implementation Plan
PIP Product Information Program
PIP Productivity Improvement Program
PIP Program Implementation Plan
PIP Program Improvement Plan
PIP Performance Improvement Plan
PIP Periodic Interim Payment
PIP Parallel Image Processing
PIP Participant Instrumentation Package
PIP Partner Interface Process (RosettaNet)
PIP Partners In Performance (immunization/health initiative)
PIP Past International President
PIP Plural Interface Processing (credit card processing)
PIP Population Information Program
PIP Press Institute of Pakistan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om, F
Murtz writes
harry wrote:
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

PIP Picture In Picture (TVs and monitors)

... ... ...

PIP Press Institute of Pakistan

Have you had your head firmly up an orifice for the past week or
something?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:55:13 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Has this been rumbling on for some while behind the
scenes?

Yes, it has. I recall reading about a woman several years ago whose
implants were leaking and causing all sorts of side-effects. I don't
recall whether she had PIP implants, but I do recall the surgeon who
removed them was a bit scathing about the quality.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:16:28 +1100, F Murtz
wrote:

PIP Picture In Picture (TVs and monitors)

No.
Pap In Plastic.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

As you posted it in this DIY group I half expected to read a DIY removal
technique. Could make an interesting movie as the police close in on the
mystery breast mangler. Kind of puts one off ones cornflakes thinking about
it.

Brian

Email:

"harry" wrote in message
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message om, F
Murtz writes
harry wrote:
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

PIP Picture In Picture (TVs and monitors)

... ... ...

PIP Press Institute of Pakistan

Have you had your head firmly up an orifice for the past week or something?

Have been hearing a kerfuffle about implants for a while, not once have
I heard what the pip bit was.(I have since discovered "Poly Implant
Prostheses")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 14, 9:45*pm, Roger Mills wrote:
On 14/01/2012 20:12, geoff wrote: In message
,
harry writes
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Why, are you thinking of getting yours removed?

Are you suggesting that Harry's a right tit? g
--
Cheers,
Roger
____________
checked.

I think it would be tit-for-tat with these bloody frogs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 23:40:09 -0800, harry wrote:

On Jan 14, 9:45Â*pm, Roger Mills wrote:
On 14/01/2012 20:12, geoff wrote: In message
,
harry writes
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators
from any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule
this pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they
must pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Why, are you thinking of getting yours removed?

Are you suggesting that Harry's a right tit? g --
Cheers,
Roger
____________
checked.

I think it would be tit-for-tat with these bloody frogs.

No, the problem is that it was tat for tits.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/01/2012 18:32, harry wrote:
I have heard that once the regulatory authority of some EU country
recommends items (such as these implants) as safe, the regulators from
any other country is not allowed to do it's own tests/overrule this
pronouncement.

So, clearly the French recommended these things as safe and they must
pay the cost of removal/replacement.

Nobody recommends medical devices as safe. They, in the form of
authorised auditors, often working in many countries, confirm that the
devices meet the requirements of EU Directive 93/42/EEC, which allows
them to be placed on the market. Any national authority, the Medicines
and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in Britain, can
subsequently investigate whether the product is fit for purpose and can
order a partial or complete product recall, if any end user raises any
concerns about it.

The manufacturers must have had product liability insurance before being
able to sell to the NHS (£10 million minimum when I used to do it), so
the ultimate responsibility for paying will lie with the insurers. The
problem for now is who pays in the short term.

Colin Bignell