Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Larger shower heads

My friend is planning on fitting a large shower head, which comes with a hose. I'm thinking the shower itself (that is, the electric box on the wall) has to be designed to let more water through? I've never tried such a thing, as a normal head is fine for me.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I remember your brother Jimmy, crying one summer's day,
"Why do you cry, young Jimmy?" I heard your granddad say.
"'Cause I can't do what the big boys do, that's why I cry," said Jim,
"Move over then," said your granddad, and he sat down and cried with him.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 12, 2:18*am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
My friend is planning on fitting a large shower head, which comes with a hose. *I'm thinking the shower itself (that is, the electric box on the wall) has to be designed to let more water through? *I've never tried such a thing, as a normal head is fine for me.

--http://petersparrots.comhttp://petersphotos.com

I remember your brother Jimmy, crying one summer's day,
"Why do you cry, young Jimmy?" I heard your granddad say.
"'Cause I can't do what the big boys do, that's why I cry," said Jim,
"Move over then," said your granddad, and he sat down and cried with him.

It'll be a case of suck it and see.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:35:23 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

I'm thinking the shower itself (that is, the electric box on the

wall) has to be designed to let more water through?

It'll be a case of suck it and see.

It shouldn't be if the flow rate that the shower can produce and the
flow rate required by the head are known. They need to more or less
match.

An electric shower will be pushed to do 5l/min if the shower head
requires 10l/min you are either going to get a cool shower or if you
restrict the flow down to 5l/min a disappointing shower.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.v7x8pvilytk5n5@i7-940...
My friend is planning on fitting a large shower head, which comes with a
hose. I'm thinking the shower itself (that is, the electric box on the
wall) has to be designed to let more water through? I've never tried such
a thing, as a normal head is fine for me.

I've just fitted a larger shower head to an electric shower - the head was
described as suitable for an electric shower.

It gives a much broader, softer shower but the shower spray doesn't project
out as far from the wall bracket into the shower area so it is not liked by
my Lady Wife.
To be most effective it would need to be mounted more or less vertically
above the shower area so it showered straight down, instead of being mounted
to the side.
The old shower head is going back on, and the new one going into 'stock' for
some future opportunity.

With a limited flow rate such as you get from an electric shower you can
either have a small powerful spray or a broad gentle spray - but you won't
get a broad powerful spray.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 12, 8:56 am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:35:23 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:
I'm thinking the shower itself (that is, the electric box on the

wall) has to be designed to let more water through?

It'll be a case of suck it and see.

It shouldn't be if the flow rate that the shower can produce and the
flow rate required by the head are known. They need to more or less
match.

An electric shower will be pushed to do 5l/min if the shower head
requires 10l/min you are either going to get a cool shower or if you
restrict the flow down to 5l/min a disappointing shower.

"going to get"?? ITYM "choose between"?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:47:26 -0000, David WE Roberts wrote:

[...]

Thanks.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Thought for the Day:
The Bible teaches us to love your neighbour, and the Kama Sutra explains how.

Shower Heads mcp6453[_2_] Home Repair 49 February 20th 14 05:12 PM
Jado multi purpose shower head problem- could apply to allmultipurpose shower heads KOS Home Repair 2 December 25th 09 10:15 PM
shower heads mp UK diy 2 June 10th 05 12:21 AM
Miniature shower heads? EricP UK diy 5 April 25th 05 09:53 AM
Speakman Shower Heads [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 22nd 04 05:30 PM