Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping any R/Cers

On 04/01/2012 19:39, soup wrote:
Really strange one this but does anyone know anything about small
(3.0cc) "nitro" engines? I cannot get it to start it was running but I
cannot get it to start now. The fuel lines are not blocked (fuel can be
blown through) nothing seems to be blocking the carburettor as I have
taken it to bits and cleaned it. There is also sufficient compression
for the buggy to be lifted by the pull start. Yet I cannot get fuel
through to the cylinder (fuel is not sucked through the carb) even
blocking the exhaust and pulling the starter does not move fuel through
to the cylinder. The R/C chap at the local model shop is not back untill
the 10th. I know of no-one in the immediate area who deals with these
engines and as I am at a loss I thought of here .

Thanks all, I didn't think anyone would reply.

Despite having taken the carb to bits and nothing obvious blocking it
have decided that there IS a blockage in the needle valve housing.

http://www.sidtech.co.uk/iu/unknown13309683523.jpg

Now all I need is an attack of the braves for me to clear this properly
(blockage "feels" more like undrilled brass than a piece of grit). Ah
well seems I will have to chat to the chappie on the 10th (see if they
will order a new needle valve assembly rather than an entire carburettor).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:
On 04/01/2012 19:39, soup wrote:
[...]

Should be possible to blow the crap out.

Airline from the bottom.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:04:16 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

soup wrote:
On 04/01/2012 19:39, soup wrote:
[...]

Wouldn't you get more pressure if you connected the airline to a
compressor as normal? Or did you particularly want to blow methane
through it?

Nick

Ping any R/Cers T i m UK diy 0 January 7th 12 01:45 AM
Ping any R/Cers Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 1 January 5th 12 12:52 PM
Ping any R/Cers John Rumm UK diy 0 January 5th 12 12:05 AM
Ping any R/Cers The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 0 January 4th 12 10:55 PM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM