Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Worktop edging

I hope this makes sense. I need to fill a gap between cooker and
existing worktop. They are joining at a right angle. Now I believe the
proper way would be router and a joining kit, however I suspect the
other half may change her mind on this (after the event) so not going
down this route.
The issue is I am joining a rounded (front) worktop edge to a straight
(end) edge, I cant find a metal strip that covers that permutation.
I will probably just connect one to the other with metal brackets on the
underside and a batten on the wall but its the join between the 2
worktops thats a problem.

Have I missed them on google or is there something else I can do?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ss" wrote in message
I hope this makes sense. I need to fill a gap between cooker and existing
worktop. They are joining at a right angle. Now I believe the proper way
would be router and a joining kit, however I suspect the other half may
change her mind on this (after the event) so not going down this route.
The issue is I am joining a rounded (front) worktop edge to a straight
(end) edge, I cant find a metal strip that covers that permutation.
I will probably just connect one to the other with metal brackets on the
underside and a batten on the wall but its the join between the 2 worktops
thats a problem.

Have I missed them on google or is there something else I can do?

Either use one of these
http://www.priceinspector.co.uk/p/wo...n/f/desc,True/

Or joint it like this.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/..._Repairer.html

I must add that with my joinery skills I would do the first.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 03/01/2012 22:53, MuddyMike wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I reckon I can do the joinery but for the fact the worktop with the
rounded edge is already in place (existing) so cutting that out would be
more difficult, and wife is likely to maybe not like the added portion
from a practical point after its in as the tumble dryer will be under
the added part but at 90% access, although rarely used.

The layout is a 10 ft length of worktop then a double cooker and then a
gap (approx 24 inches) and then the old existing worktop at right angles
about 10 feet, so like an L shape but with a gap of 2 feet which is the
bit I want to fill to make it complete as she wants worktop either side
of the cooker.

Thanks for the links.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ss
scribeth thus
I hope this makes sense. I need to fill a gap between cooker and
existing worktop. They are joining at a right angle. Now I believe the
proper way would be router and a joining kit, however I suspect the
other half may change her mind on this (after the event) so not going
down this route.
The issue is I am joining a rounded (front) worktop edge to a straight
(end) edge, I cant find a metal strip that covers that permutation.
I will probably just connect one to the other with metal brackets on the
underside and a batten on the wall but its the join between the 2
worktops thats a problem.

Have I missed them on google or is there something else I can do?

There is one made as I've just used it this very week;!..

Got it from Ridgeons in Cambridge and its made by Rixonway kitchens who
do a sort of basic trade supplier kitchen. Very good value for the
money...

--
Tony Sayer