Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Non-corroding 'chrome' bathroom stuff?

On 01/01/2012 20:22, Lobster wrote:
I need to replace the chrome basket thing that hangs off the bottom of
the shower rail, which contains all the assorted crap that SWMBO
apparently requires to have within easy reach when showering.* The
current one is badly rusted after a few year's use. What do I need to
look for in a replacement to ensure that doesn't go the same way? I'm
sure price will be a factor, but I can't believe it's a case of just
buying a really really expensive one in the hope it will be fine.

Had a similar experience with an unbranded shower rail from Screwfix
which quickly rusted away; I replaced it with an ebayed Mira one because
I knew they were reliable, and sure enough it has been.

Thanks
David

*Tried moving everything except the shower gel to the bathroom
window-sill the other day, but got shouted at.

Spouse bought a chrome shower tidy in anticipation of me doing a new
bathroom. It was over a year before the bathroom was finished and the
shower tidy was out of warranty before it was even used. It went rusty
in a month, starting at the joints. It cost over £20 and ended up in the
dustbin after two months of use. We've now got a white plastic one which
doesn't look bad and at least it doesn't rust!

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.