Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker vent

Just brought a new cooker extractor. Does any one know of a detergent
that will remove the grease from the original ducting, or is it a case
of renew the whole lot of the ducting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kipper at sea" wrote in message
Just brought a new cooker extractor. Does any one know of a detergent
that will remove the grease from the original ducting, or is it a case
of renew the whole lot of the ducting.

On mine (B & Q rectangular) I used simple barbecue cleaner for the stubborn
stuff on the outside and left the inside as is as it's bolted to the wall
and sealed at al the joints

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 13, 4:31*pm, "RCW" wrote:
"Kipper at sea" wrote in ...

Just brought a new cooker extractor. Does any one know of a detergent
that will remove the grease from the original ducting, or is it a case
of renew the whole lot of the ducting.

On mine (B & Q rectangular) I used simple barbecue cleaner for the stubborn
stuff on the outside and left the inside as is as it's bolted to the wall
and sealed at al the joints

The ducting on this one is the same rectangurlar. One thing I notice
was that although its a push fit on the joints, the box sections where
they fit into the coller, have saged.
Whats the best material to seal the joints ?.