Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Assistance with Cooker Terminals

Ok, thanks for all previous advice.
I have new cooker, and struggling to connect the cable at the back.
I'm ill and seem to be having a very blonde week. I've never seen this
before - here is a photo - please can someone tell me how to get the
wires attached to the terminals? I loosened one of the screws and the
backplate fell off inside the cooker - had to take the back off, fish it
out, and spend an hour trying to relocate it.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/...795da9b7_m.jpg
I've never met a terminal I didn't like before, and it took me half an
our to get the plastic box open and the flex grip out! Like I said, I'm
pretty poorly and having difficulty concentrating, so a signpost would
be helpful. Are you supposed to somehow wrap these thick wires around
the screws? There are what look like feeder holes underneath, but the
screws when done up don't grip anything.
And numpty question time - if you have to sleeve the earth wire, why
doesn't it just come sleeved?
Thank you

crimp terminals Fred UK diy 12 November 15th 10 12:14 PM
Battery terminals ransley Home Repair 3 December 21st 07 01:59 AM
50 volts across terminals Tom Desmond Home Repair 7 June 17th 05 02:23 PM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 02:44 PM