Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freeing sticky drawers

On 30/11/2011 01:39, F Murtz wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:
The drawers in my large and slightly antique chest of drawers
have become very difficult to open.
Some of them appear to have expanded,
and are wedged against the sides.

What is the best way of allowing them
to move more freely?

If they have expanded, sand them down,but if not too bad just rub an
ordinary cake of soap on the bearing surfaces every now and then.

I have always used candle wax as a lubricant for wooden drawers.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2011 09:21, Nightjar wrote:
I have always used candle wax as a lubricant for wooden drawers.

me too

Save that silicone stuff for modern materials.

Andy