Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grand Designs C4 9pm

Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with the
water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a berm to
meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from the road.

They're revisiting it after 6 years so hopefully they will have some
rooms in the tower.

I say record of course as there will be 50mins of rehash followed by 10
interesting minutes of what they done since the last prog.

Enjoy . . . . .
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:04:22 +0000, fred wrote:

Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with the
water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a berm to
meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from the road.

They're revisiting it after 6 years so hopefully they will have some
rooms in the tower.

I say record of course as there will be 50mins of rehash followed by 10
interesting minutes of what they done since the last prog.

Oh, I remember that one.

The one on Monday was good - the one with the arch with grass on it.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:04:22 +0000, fred wrote:

Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with the
water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a berm to
meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from the road.

They're revisiting it after 6 years so hopefully they will have some
rooms in the tower.

I say record of course as there will be 50mins of rehash followed by 10
interesting minutes of what they done since the last prog.

Oh, I remember that one.

Sadly it's not the one I thought, it's an ugly concrete number rather
than the tall brick one with the huge steel tank on top.

The one on Monday was good - the one with the arch with grass on it.

Missed it
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:05:14 +0000, fred wrote:

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:04:22 +0000, fred wrote:

Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with
the water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a
berm to meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from
the road.

They're revisiting it after 6 years so hopefully they will have some
rooms in the tower.

I say record of course as there will be 50mins of rehash followed by
10 interesting minutes of what they done since the last prog.

Oh, I remember that one.

Sadly it's not the one I thought, it's an ugly concrete number rather
than the tall brick one with the huge steel tank on top.

Sadly, yes. As I also discovered! But quite interesting all the same.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:34:54 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:04:22 +0000, fred wrote:

Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with
the water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a
berm to meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from
the road.

Anyone remember which was the one where a couple built a sort of conical
shaped (IIRC) building in woods somewhere (in Wales?) using wood from the
woods themselves - I think theguy was managing the woodland. As I recall
it was all curves & no corners inside, on 2 levels, quite rustic but
homely.

There's a fsck-off great torrent (c. 50GB) of GDs somewhere on t'interwebs
and I was thinking I'd like to have a look at that one again.

--
John Stumbles

I don't know if faith can move mountains
but I've seen what it can do to skyscrapers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Nov 2011 22:31:24 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:34:54 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:04:22 +0000, fred wrote:

Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with
the water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a
berm to meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from
the road.

Anyone remember which was the one where a couple built a sort of conical
shaped (IIRC) building in woods somewhere (in Wales?) using wood from the
woods themselves - I think theguy was managing the woodland. As I recall
it was all curves & no corners inside, on 2 levels, quite rustic but
homely.

There's a fsck-off great torrent (c. 50GB) of GDs somewhere on t'interwebs
and I was thinking I'd like to have a look at that one again.

Do you mean Ben Needham and his hobbit house. That's on almost every
month, it's Kevins fav.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 16, 8:04*pm, fred wrote:
Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with the
water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a berm to
meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from the road.

They're revisiting it after 6 years so hopefully they will have some
rooms in the tower.

I say record of course as there will be 50mins of rehash followed by 10
interesting minutes of what they done since the last prog.

Enjoy . . . . .
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Wrong water tower. That was the round brick tower. This is the
concrete box on stilts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 16, 10:31*pm, John Stumbles wrote:
[...]

You can see backnumbers here.
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/grand-designs/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:34:36 -0800, harry wrote:

On Nov 16, 8:04Â*pm, fred wrote:
Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with
the water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a
berm to meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from
the road.

They're revisiting it after 6 years so hopefully they will have some
rooms in the tower.

I say record of course as there will be 50mins of rehash followed by 10
interesting minutes of what they done since the last prog.

Enjoy . . . . .
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Wrong water tower. That was the round brick tower. This is the concrete
box on stilts

Do keep up, harry. This was all mentioned last night.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:34:36 -0800, harry wrote:

Wrong water tower. That was the round brick tower. This is the concrete
box on stilts

Do keep up, harry. This was all mentioned last night.

With all that going off at half cock I wonder if there were ever any
kids?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ericp laid this down on his screen :
Do you mean Ben Needham and his hobbit house. That's on almost every
month, it's Kevins fav.

My favourite too.

When it was started, I thought looking at the guy, it had to end in
absolute disaster, but they never end in disaster do they?

It turned out rather well.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge presented the following explanation :
On 2011-11-17, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Ericp laid this down on his screen :
Do you mean Ben Needham and his hobbit house. That's on almost every
month, it's Kevins fav.

My favourite too.

When it was started, I thought looking at the guy, it had to end in
absolute disaster, but they never end in disaster do they?

Sometimes they do. The guy converting the barge was an utter cockup.

I must have missed that one.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-11-17, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Ericp laid this down on his screen :
Do you mean Ben Needham and his hobbit house. *That's on almost every
month, it's Kevins fav.

My favourite too.

When it was started, I thought looking at the guy, it had to end in
absolute disaster, but they never end in disaster do they?

Sometimes they do. The guy converting the barge was an utter cockup.

I must have missed that one.

Apologies for linking to the Daily Bile;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...esigns--80k-Ch...

Jeez, there's a lot of miserable sods out there judging by the
comments.

--
Halmyre
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 04:07:51 +0000, Ericp wrote:

Do you mean Ben Needham and his hobbit house. That's on almost every
month, it's Kevins fav.

ISTR something more slender and elegant but maybe I'm mis-remembering.

--
John Stumbles

Question Authority
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2011 11:20, Huge wrote:

Apologies for linking to the Daily Bile;

http://www.dailymail.co.......

Someone should write a redirecting daily maul disclaimer page ye could
link through, together with a anonymising proxy so ya don't leave
evidence of the visit and taint ya machine. Be also good to quote a
dailymaul URL in newsgroups so we don't give excuses to the americans
that the UK is also overrun by rednecks.

Ah, someone was on that...

http://gominokouhai.dreamwidth.org/232899.html

And then this (unsurprisingly) happened

http://thenextweb.com/media/2011/08/...legal-threats/

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Nov 2011 11:52:49 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 04:07:51 +0000, Ericp wrote:

Do you mean Ben Needham and his hobbit house. That's on almost every
month, it's Kevins fav.

ISTR something more slender and elegant but maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Sounds interesting, but I find Mr Needhams stuff eminently watchable.
He seems to have attained his version of a perfect life. Very rare
these days.

The other sounds interesting if anybody could point the way to it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

wrote:

I think I found the other programme under "Hexagon House".

That is my favourite. A true craftsman - and what a grafter.

That one ended-up on the market ... that's got to hurt.

http://flatlanders.co.uk/?p=349

Grand Designs. harry UK diy 45 September 21st 10 08:48 AM
Grand designs George UK diy 12 January 31st 08 12:36 PM
Grand Designs: 30 Nov 05 [email protected] UK diy 13 December 3rd 05 12:57 PM
Grand designs The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 16 November 24th 05 05:47 PM
Grand Designs 16 Nov 05 Lobster UK diy 8 November 17th 05 05:16 PM