Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for Adam ????

Check this out...

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
Check this out...

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

Ta

And geoff happily admits to paying for that sort of installation out in
Asia:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
David wrote:
Check this out...

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

Ta

And geoff happily admits to paying for that sort of installation out in
Asia:-)

Oh yes

I'll never forget the two indonesians in Denpasar taking a 4.6m dish up
a 50m tower wearing only flip-flops and sarongs, with a rope around
their necks

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
David wrote:
Check this out...

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

Ta

And geoff happily admits to paying for that sort of installation out in
Asia:-)

Oh yes

I'll never forget the two indonesians in Denpasar taking a 4.6m dish up a
50m tower wearing only flip-flops and sarongs, with a rope around their
necks

--
geoff

I remember a similar happening in the Philippines - when I passed a comment
I was told that if God has decided I will die today nothing I have done will
stop it so we leave it up to God!
Robbie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2011 17:44, David wrote:
Check this out...

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

I am actually quite impressed with the ingenuity of that (although I am
surprised he can get so close to the clock what with the size of his
balls of steel!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:06:34 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

I am actually quite impressed with the ingenuity of that

Aye, looks pretty sturdy with things tied off in multiple places. I'd
like to see how they constructed it though.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 16, 5:44*pm, David wrote:
Check this out...

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

404

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 03:13:05 -0800 (PST), NT wrote:

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

404

Odd, works for me. Just tried it.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 03:13:05 -0800 (PST), NT wrote:

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

404

Odd, works for me. Just tried it.

And that way of doing things is not so far fetched either, and not that
unsafe provide the man acting as the counterweight doesn't move.

Far be it for me to say it, but having worked in that country, I would
say the chances of him doing so are as close to absolute zero as teh
furthest reaches of the Universe.

Unless he is blind drunk and needs a ****.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 03:13:05 -0800 (PST), NT wrote:

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244
404

Odd, works for me. Just tried it.

And that way of doing things is not so far fetched either, and not that
unsafe provide the man acting as the counterweight doesn't move.

Far be it for me to say it, but having worked in that country, I would
say the chances of him doing so are as close to absolute zero as teh
furthest reaches of the Universe.

Unless he is blind drunk and needs a ****.

Looking at the pictures, he looks too far forward to be a counterweight
to me. I think that the other end of the planks must be secured inside
somewhere.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2011 22:56, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:06:34 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/13244

I am actually quite impressed with the ingenuity of that

Aye, looks pretty sturdy with things tied off in multiple places. I'd
like to see how they constructed it though.

Yes indeed. I don't believe that's a human counterweight, either. I
think the plank is attached inside the tower, and stops the top two
ladders from moving outwards, so that the weight of the guy at the top
pretty much supported by plain compression in each ladder.