Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magnets for oven gloves

T'other half is searching eBay for magnets to sew into oven gloves. A
bought pair of magnetic oven gloves ( http://tinypic.com/r/14wvg28/5
) came with 1¼" donut shaped (presumably ferrite) magnets which seem
to have a bit more oomph than the typical penny-sized button on a
fridge magnet.

One glove weighs about 130g. Information from eBay sellers is scant
regarding pull strength. Are these items likely to be up to the job:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-ROUND-2...ht_2027wt_1127

Thanks for any pointers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:12:03 -0800 (PST), mike wrote:

T'other half is searching eBay for magnets to sew into oven gloves. A
bought pair of magnetic oven gloves ( http://tinypic.com/r/14wvg28/5
) came with 1¼" donut shaped (presumably ferrite) magnets which seem
to have a bit more oomph than the typical penny-sized button on a
fridge magnet.

One glove weighs about 130g. Information from eBay sellers is scant
regarding pull strength. Are these items likely to be up to the job:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-ROUND-2...ht_2027wt_1127

Thanks for any pointers.

we have neodymium magnets in various gloves/towels - they seem a little
strong but by the time they are sewn in the fabric they work quite well

see ebay item 130593849615 - info on pull strength is listed
--
(º€¢.¸(¨*€¢.¸ ¸.€¢*¨)¸.€¢Âº)
.€¢Â°€¢. Nik .€¢Â°€¢.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Do they cure arthritis as well?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"mike" wrote in message
T'other half is searching eBay for magnets to sew into oven gloves. A
bought pair of magnetic oven gloves (
http://tinypic.com/r/14wvg28/5
) came with 1¼" donut shaped (presumably ferrite) magnets which seem
to have a bit more oomph than the typical penny-sized button on a
fridge magnet.

One glove weighs about 130g. Information from eBay sellers is scant
regarding pull strength. Are these items likely to be up to the job:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-ROUND-2...ht_2027wt_1127

Thanks for any pointers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Do they cure arthritis as well?

no, but they make your heart get 20% better mpg, as well as 20% less
emissions from your exhaust pipe, and you need to take your head off for a
de-coke much less often too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
mike writes:
T'other half is searching eBay for magnets to sew into oven gloves. A
bought pair of magnetic oven gloves ( http://tinypic.com/r/14wvg28/5
) came with 1¼" donut shaped (presumably ferrite) magnets which seem
to have a bit more oomph than the typical penny-sized button on a
fridge magnet.
One glove weighs about 130g. Information from eBay sellers is scant
regarding pull strength. Are these items likely to be up to the job:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-ROUND-2...ht_2027wt_1127
Thanks for any pointers.

I have this vision of not being able to let go of some piece of very
hot cookware, or accidently dragging it off the worktop onto the floor.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:10:52 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I have this vision of not being able to let go of some piece of very hot
cookware, or accidently dragging it off the worktop onto the floor.

And they only work if you're facing north.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:30:32 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson wrote:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:10:52 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I have this vision of not being able to let go of some piece of very hot
cookware, or accidently dragging it off the worktop onto the floor.

And they only work if you're facing north.

You don't have any choice!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 8, 8:10*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Ah, and if hung over the water pipe they obviously soften the water as well.

I hung mine the wrong way round. 8-( Now I'm getting the same mpg
as a Chieftain and the kettle looks like a stalagmite.

Fun with magnets [email protected] Metalworking 4 February 17th 11 01:36 AM
Magnets Henry[_7_] Metalworking 23 March 10th 10 03:58 PM
Magnets in old HDD ? Nick UK diy 19 October 29th 07 08:08 PM
Magnets from old PCs? Jay Pique Woodworking 22 October 14th 05 05:14 PM