Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Square edged worktop care question

Our square edged laminate worktops have a front face that looks to me
much like an edging strip, in that it seems to be separate from the top.
Nor does it wrap underneath the bottom.

Am I likely to have problems with these unless I keep them dry?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, it very much depends on the material underneath and what sort of
bonding material is being used to hold the edging on. In my bathroom the
edging did indeed part company on a vanity unit, but not for many years.
However in a Kitchen, it seems that steam is the enemy as a shelves edging
is coming off and warping in a concave fashion as an electric kettle
underneath affects it.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"R D S" wrote in message
Our square edged laminate worktops have a front face that looks to me much
like an edging strip, in that it seems to be separate from the top.
Nor does it wrap underneath the bottom.

Am I likely to have problems with these unless I keep them dry?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

Our square edged laminate worktops have a front face that looks to me
much like an edging strip, in that it seems to be separate from the top.
Nor does it wrap underneath the bottom.

Am I likely to have problems with these unless I keep them dry?

Probably not, as they should have been sealed properly at the factory.
I've fitted a few of these in the last few months, and think they look
bloody awful, but tastes differ, and the customers are always happy with
it.
I think their main advantage is with curved end units, where you can get
a matching profile all the way round, and curved units seem to be
flavour of the month now, as every kitchen maker is promoting them.

Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2011 09:10, A.Lee wrote:
I've fitted a few of these in the last few months, and think they look
bloody awful, but tastes differ, and the customers are always happy with
it.

I knew we were getting square but i'm sure i've seen square ones where
the laminate is continuous.

I don't think they'll last long in any case, they are already covered in
bloody scratches.

square edged kitchen worktops sm_jamieson UK diy 21 January 17th 11 07:22 PM
Worktop, tiled walls and room out of square F UK diy 14 August 30th 07 08:57 PM
find all solutions to skin care problems, hair care problems, nail care issues.. bina Home Ownership 0 August 1st 06 11:48 AM
Mitre square edge worktop? Lee UK diy 4 August 23rd 05 03:02 PM
Natural edged bowl. billh Woodturning 9 February 17th 04 04:28 AM