Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to sell a bl**dy great storage vessel ??

As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2011 15:39, Nick wrote:
As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.

Ebay, or ask the manufacturer whether there is a market for them second
hand. Both have worked for me in disposing of unwanted factory equipment.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 3:39*pm, "Nick" wrote:
As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Nick.

Ebay
Didn;t someone sell the 'drill bit' that was used for the channel
tunnel on ebay.

maybe finding out how these are usually sold might help in that you
could approach
possible buyers.
I'm sure some on here could turn it into a mobile home.
I wonder if there's any artists about that could use it for the next
turner prize.

What sort of price would this go for I wonder .
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

whisky-dave wrote:
I'm sure some on here could turn it into a mobile home.
I wonder if there's any artists about that could use it for the next
turner prize.

Get people to climb inside, then roll it down a hill, and get people to pay
you for the privilege.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick :
As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

I'd use eBay. I sold a double garage on eBay - the buyer dismantled it
and took it away, saving me the trouble. The cash in hand was a bonus.

--
Mike Barnes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:
As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in
lieu of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the
loss. Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out
of of service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7
tonnes. Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has
two loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Put dennis inside it and we will contribute to your financial losses.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 5:16*pm, Mike Barnes wrote:

E-bay.

Water storage. I recall a thread on another forum in which someone had
used bought a milk tanker as a water storage tank for a well system.
Someone will find a use for it, but I doubt that they'd be prepared to
pay any price comparable with the new cost.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 01/11/11 17:30, ARWadsworth wrote:
Nick wrote:
As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in
lieu of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the
loss. Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out
of of service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7
tonnes. Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has
two loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Put dennis inside it and we will contribute to your financial losses.

+1

at x pence per gallon to fill it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:
[...]

You fill it if you want to. I'd just seal it:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:

As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Nick.

Ebay
very useful item for small market gardens, and not as large as something
like this
http://www.kungfo0.org/theweb/ebay/carrier.html

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 08:56:38 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

Didn;t someone sell the 'drill bit' that was used for the channel
tunnel on ebay.

If that was the one that was 'parked' in a side-tunnel of its own
making, it was 'buyer collect'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message ...
Nick wrote:

[...]

I liked the bit at the bottom, inviting viewers to get a "Vehicle Inspection
Report"!
--
Ian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2011 23:49, Mark wrote:
Nick wrote:

[...]

Not bad for something that was designed to last three years when it was
built.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Quite a few people would like that for underground storage / bunker.

Remember Ebay has used equipment brokers trawling it regularly, it is
not just "retail & spare bedroom junk".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 3:56*pm, whisky-dave wrote:
On Nov 1, 3:39*pm, "Nick" wrote:

[...]

Paint some curtains on the inside and sell it as used in Cannery Row.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 3:39*pm, "Nick" wrote:
As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu
of storage charges.
I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss.
Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of
service in 2005 and in excellent order.
Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes.
Used for water storage on one contract only.
150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two
loose, steel fabricated, bearers.
I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my
business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ?
This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it.
Please.

Nick.

Whilst I agree with others that eBay is probably the best bet, you
could ask on uk.rec.gardening where some professional garden centre
types lurk. They can doubtless at least point you to a trade magazine.

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:55:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Nov 1, 3:39*pm, "Nick" wrote:
[...]

It could form the basis of an ice house, suitably buried...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:25:09 -0000, "Nick"
wrote:

I have spoken with the makers, they were decidedly unhelpful and imagine
they want to sell their own product rather than assist the used market.
Will try again with a perhaps different approach.

Stuff them, then.
Google the maker's name and see if you can find out where they
advertise the originals - some useful contacts might be made that way.