Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT (ish): bulk buys of arabica roasted coffee beans

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,
Si.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 9638623.1884.1320158977443.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbac9,
sm_jamieson wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the
best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say
a couple of kilos at a time) ?

No idea on how good the price is, but plenty of people around here rave
about http://www.hasbean.co.uk/ and get the stuff delivered.

Looks pricy to me, but then I like nescafe instant

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson :

http://www.realcoffee.co.uk/

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 2:49*pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,
Si.

We buy ours from Costco. A small selection, but all are good. They do:
Kirkland (own brand) in 1.36kg bags at about £9.50. Currently
Sumatran, last month was Guatemalan.
San Francisco Bay - 1kg bags for about £8.99. A couple of versions
Starbucks in 900g bags for about £8 - £9. Espresso blend and house
blend.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote on Nov 1, 2011:

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best

place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple
of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,
Si.

I've used these:
http://www.discountcoffee.co/

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2011 17:15, andrew wrote:
On Nov 1, 2:49 pm, wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,
Si.

We buy ours from Costco. A small selection, but all are good.

Seconded - Costco's Columbian is particularly good.

We really got hooked on good coffee while on holiday in Costa Rica where
they take it very seriously - it's illegal to grow robusta there for
example.
--
Reentrant
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the
best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say
a couple of kilos at a time) ?

No idea on how good the price is, but plenty of people around here rave
about http://www.hasbean.co.uk/ and get the stuff delivered.

Looks pricy to me, but then I like nescafe instant

Darren

Partner was given a subscription for this last year - gets a bag a week
(Saturday morning without fail). And had some very interesting and
different coffees. At the end of the gift period she paid for an extended
period. And you can watch each week's video about where it came from.

Failing that, Sainsbury currently have Lavazza black on the best price
I've seen for a while. And that is our base coffee that we always revert
to.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 01/11/11 14:49, sm_jamieson wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,

http://www.drury.uk.com/pages/coffees.php

or
http://www.algcoffee.co.uk/scripts/p...dCategory=1222

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT (ish): bulk buys of Tea

On Nov 1, 11:03*pm, djc wrote:
On 01/11/11 14:49, sm_jamieson wrote:

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,

http://www.drury.uk.com/pages/coffees.php

orhttp://www.algcoffee.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=1222

Where would people recommend for tea?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJMUbAi-XkM

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, NT
writes
On Nov 1, 11:03*pm, djc wrote:
On 01/11/11 14:49, sm_jamieson wrote:

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee.
Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable
quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,

http://www.drury.uk.com/pages/coffees.php

orhttp://www.algcoffee.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=1222

Where would people recommend for tea?

A teapot?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:29:13 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

On Nov 1, 11:03*pm, djc wrote:
On 01/11/11 14:49, sm_jamieson wrote:

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,

http://www.drury.uk.com/pages/coffees.php

orhttp://www.algcoffee.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=1222

Where would people recommend for tea?

Proper tea is theft (allegedly) :-)

Wherever it comes from, my favourite is English Breakfast.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,
Si.

Belgium - it's *way* cheaper there in ordinary supermarkets.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

andrew wrote:
On Nov 1, 2:49Â*pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,
Si.

We buy ours from Costco. A small selection, but all are good. They do:
Kirkland (own brand) in 1.36kg bags at about £9.50. Currently
Sumatran, last month was Guatemalan.
San Francisco Bay - 1kg bags for about £8.99. A couple of versions
Starbucks in 900g bags for about £8 - £9. Espresso blend and house
blend.

Still much, much more expensive than Belgium, recently in a
supermarket there I saw coffee beans from around 3.50 Euros per kilo
and good[ish] coffee was only around 5 Euros.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 9638623.1884.1320158977443.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@vbac9, sm_jamieson writes

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best
place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of
kilos at a time) ?

I'm about to give these people a try. Some of the people in the office
swear by them:

http://www.adamsandrussell.co.uk/

but my day-to-day coffee is ground Lyons or ground Douwe Egberts,
strength 4, from a store chain called Home Bargains. 99p per bag.

http://www.homebargains.co.uk/default.aspx

I get it from the store, they don't seem to do it on the website.

M.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 02/11/11 00:29, NT wrote:
On Nov 1, 11:03 pm, djc wrote:
On 01/11/11 14:49, sm_jamieson wrote:

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,

http://www.drury.uk.com/pages/coffees.php

orhttp://www.algcoffee.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=1222

Where would people recommend for tea?

NT

Same as above, ( I usually go to Drury)

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article 9638623.1884.1320158977443.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@vbac9, sm_jamieson writes

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best
place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of
kilos at a time) ?

I'm about to give these people a try. Some of the people in the office
swear by them:

http://www.adamsandrussell.co.uk/

but my day-to-day coffee is ground Lyons or ground Douwe Egberts,
strength 4, from a store chain called Home Bargains. 99p per bag.

http://www.homebargains.co.uk/default.aspx

I get it from the store, they don't seem to do it on the website.

M.

Can you buy from Adams Russel directly at their unit in the Argyle
Ind Est?
I live on the Wirral and have also been looking for a supplier of
coffee beans and would like to choose and pick up an order from
them directly if possible.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 2:49*pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?
Cheers,

Douwe Egberts in 99p Stores if they have such a place near you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes

Can you buy from Adams Russel directly at their unit in the Argyle
Ind Est?

Yes, but they're not geared up for over-the-counter sales. They like
you to give them a ring first.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article ,
writes

Can you buy from Adams Russel directly at their unit in the Argyle
Ind Est?

Yes, but they're not geared up for over-the-counter sales. They like
you to give them a ring first.

OK thanks for that, I'll give them a ring.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.