Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Seeking source of spatula like from Chemistry lessons

Hi all
I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

Probably made of Stainless Steel, a bit like this:

http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/catalog/...sp?sku=0636916

but not at £8 each (£24 for three)!

It doesn't have to be 'medical grade'. Any suggestions?

Thanks
J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Night Tripper wrote:

I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies

"Nuffield pattern spatula" turns up the sort of cheapo ones we used,
most educational supplier websites seem reluctant to give pricing, PoA
still seems to apply, but eBay has some ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The
Night Tripper writes
Hi all
I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

How about a pickle spoon? I have one, just like that, for getting
pickled onions out of the bottom of the jar :-)
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 27, 8:32*am, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi all
* * I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

Probably made of Stainless Steel, a bit like this:

* *http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/catalog/...sp?sku=0636916

but not at £8 each (£24 for three)!

It doesn't have to be 'medical grade'. Any suggestions?

* * Thanks
* * J^n

How long would it take to cut down a table knife?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 27, 8:32*am, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi all
* * I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

Probably made of Stainless Steel, a bit like this:

* *http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/catalog/...sp?sku=0636916

but not at £8 each (£24 for three)!

It doesn't have to be 'medical grade'. Any suggestions?

* * Thanks
* * J^n

Go get yourself a "Walls Magnum" choc ice and save the stick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Oct, 08:39, Andy Burns wrote:
The Night Tripper wrote:
* * *I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies

"Nuffield pattern spatula" turns up the sort of cheapo ones we used,
most educational supplier websites seem reluctant to give pricing, PoA
still seems to apply, but eBay has some ...

Hi,
A palette knife from an art supplies shop..cut down...? David G
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/10/2011 08:32, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi all
I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

Probably made of Stainless Steel, a bit like this:

http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/catalog/...sp?sku=0636916

but not at £8 each (£24 for three)!

It doesn't have to be 'medical grade'. Any suggestions?

See he
http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/Spatula-%7...oducts/Spatula

Garden centres often have a double-ended spatula (often called a
"widger" for some reason) for transplanting small seedlings, You could
use one of those.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

you might be able to pick up a marrow spoon at a car/boot antiques fair

they are about the right shape.(apparently fishermen use something
similar so you could also try there, I just googled marrow spoon and
found that out.

dedics
On 27/10/2011 08:32, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi all
I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

Probably made of Stainless Steel, a bit like this:

http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/catalog/...sp?sku=0636916

but not at £8 each (£24 for three)!

It doesn't have to be 'medical grade'. Any suggestions?

Thanks
J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:32:28 +0100, The Night Tripper
wrote:

I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

If it doesn't need to be metal you can get a box of 1,000 wooden
coffee stirrers for a few pounds - for example :-

http://www.jurang.co.uk/shop/cups-ca...inch-1000.html

or

http://www.refreshmentshop.co.uk/ind...fcabb9c168ad98

also useful for glue spreading and epoxy mixing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The
Night Tripper writes
Hi all
I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate
etc. into test tubes.

Probably made of Stainless Steel, a bit like this:

http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/catalog/...sp?sku=0636916

but not at £8 each (£24 for three)!

It doesn't have to be 'medical grade'. Any suggestions?

Rapidonline sell them at 5 for £1.12 + vat , but there is a delivery
charge of £4.95 + vat for order under £30. But it's not a site that is
hard to find 'handy things' on :-)

http://www.rapidonline.com/Education...m-Pack-5-52-01
64/

Or ebay, £1.75 + postage for 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-...uffield-patter
n-New-/320767931772

--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Andy

Andy Burns wrote:

The Night Tripper wrote:

I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing
we
used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies

"Nuffield pattern spatula" turns up the sort of cheapo ones we used,
most educational supplier websites seem reluctant to give pricing, PoA
still seems to apply, but eBay has some ...

Brilliant, thanks. 'Nuffield Pattern' is the key, although I don't know why
my eBay search of 'spatula Stainless Steel' didn't get me there. And I did
Nuffield Science, so that works ;-)

I may order from he

http://www.richardsonsofleicester.co...ula-d1650.html

rather than eBay - they look a little better quality, their delivery charges
are not extortionate, and they have a few other items that 'might come in
useful' ...

Thanks again
J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Night Tripper wrote:

Brilliant, thanks. 'Nuffield Pattern' is the key
I may order from he

http://www.richardsonsofleicester.co...ula-d1650.html

Heh, a few doors away from a friend's house ...