Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Regs on wood burning stoves

Customer asked me to look at the flue on a wood burning stove/fires, the
flue pipe has become separated from the hole that goes up into the chimney.

Not getting involved, seems to me that a bodge could cause CO2
problems. Asphyxiating clients seems like bad business to me.

Are wood burning stoves/fires covered by CORGI/Gasafe regulations? Or is
there so different qualification she should be looking for?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Customer asked me to look at the flue on a wood burning stove/fires, the
flue pipe has become separated from the hole that goes up into the
chimney.

Not getting involved, seems to me that a bodge could cause CO2 problems.
Asphyxiating clients seems like bad business to me.

Are wood burning stoves/fires covered by CORGI/Gasafe regulations? Or is
there so different qualification she should be looking for?

She needs to look for a HETAS qualified installer. Details here

http://www.firesonline.co.uk/acatalo...gulations.html

Lots of other links revealed by Googling.

--
Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Crosland wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Customer asked me to look at the flue on a wood burning stove/fires, the
flue pipe has become separated from the hole that goes up into the
chimney.

Not getting involved, seems to me that a bodge could cause CO2 problems.
Asphyxiating clients seems like bad business to me.

Are wood burning stoves/fires covered by CORGI/Gasafe regulations? Or is
there so different qualification she should be looking for?

She needs to look for a HETAS qualified installer. Details here

http://www.firesonline.co.uk/acatalo...gulations.html

Lots of other links revealed by Googling.

Yep - HETAS are the CORGI of solid fuel

Google for HETAS and their website has a postcode search for registered
installers.

Just like with everything else, of course you can do your own work (building
notices as befits) but I understand Dave's reluctance, and it would be a
wise reluctance in this case (paid for work).

IME, unlike CORGI/GasSafe, HETAS guys do not have a reputation of charging a
fortune do anything - I would expect a not excessive charge to remedy the
problem, depending of ourse on how complicated it is!

--
Tim Watts

Wood burning (stoves and other ways) David WE Roberts[_2_] UK diy 21 May 12th 10 03:29 AM
Wood-burning vs pellet stoves? Timothy Murphy[_2_] UK diy 14 November 16th 09 01:58 PM
Wood burning stoves Doki UK diy 16 November 24th 06 02:30 PM
Wood burning stoves - what is the state of the art? Tim UK diy 52 August 24th 06 02:26 PM
Wood Burning Stoves andrewpreece UK diy 4 August 19th 03 11:49 AM