Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for a halogen spot to fit in a conservatory ridge strut

Hello,

We had a conservatory installed about six years ago, and one of the
12V halogen spots has worked itself loose from one of the metal
aluminium ridge struts. The strut itself is about 6cm thick, and the
diameter of the spot that recesses into the strut is about 2.5cm.The
spot uses a narrow G4 2-pin halogen bulb. It is held in place in the
strut by two spring-loaded clips that clip behind the strut, and one
of these clips has broken off, with the result the spot hangs lop-
sided, held in place by the other clip.

I haven't been able to find a supplier for these spots. Can anyone
help?

If possible I would prefer to use a Gu5.3 halogen spot holder and
bulb, but none of these is narrow enough to fit in the available
space. The hole in the strut that takes the current spot is about 3cm.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Many thanks,
Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 19, 7:31 pm, ppmoore wrote:
Hello,

We had a conservatory installed about six years ago, and one of the
12V halogen spots has worked itself loose from one of the metal
aluminium ridge struts. The strut itself is about 6cm thick, and the
diameter of the spot that recesses into the strut is about 2.5cm.The
spot uses a narrow G4 2-pin halogen bulb. It is held in place in the
strut by two spring-loaded clips that clip behind the strut, and one
of these clips has broken off, with the result the spot hangs lop-
sided, held in place by the other clip.

I haven't been able to find a supplier for these spots. Can anyone
help?

like this?

http://www.qvsdirect.com/images/D/d_79-01.jpg

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

25mm sounds like MR8, first off google

http://www.coronet-lighting.co.uk/lo..._store=english

Next size up is MR11 and then 50mm lamp is MR16

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim & Adam,

Thanks for the replies.

Jim: Which lamp corresponds to the image you linked in your reply? I
couldn't find it in the Downlights section of the website.
Adam: Some of the MR8 downlights need a cutout of 4cm, which might
just work.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 20, 1:07 am, ppmoore wrote:
Jim & Adam,

Thanks for the replies.

Jim: Which lamp corresponds to the image you linked in your reply? I
couldn't find it in the Downlights section of the website.
Adam: Some of the MR8 downlights need a cutout of 4cm, which might
just work.

Paul

http://www.qvsdirect.com/Elco-LV-Cap...-pr-17396.html

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 20, 2:01*pm, Jim K wrote:
On Oct 20, 1:07 am, ppmoore wrote:

Jim & Adam,

Thanks for the replies.

Jim: Which lamp corresponds to the image you linked in your reply? I
couldn't find it in the Downlights section of the website.
Adam: Some of the MR8 downlights need a cutout of 4cm, which might
just work.

Paul

http://www.qvsdirect.com/Elco-LV-Cap...Brass-pr-17396...

Jim K

Thanks Jim.
Now I know what to look for: "capsule downlight" ;)