Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Destruction of P.V. panels....

Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
:¬)

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
:¬)

One can only hope so, but I fear its a vain hope. A .22 air rifle is
probably a better bet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Catapult and a pocketful of ball-bearings might be more effective :-P
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
¬)

One can only hope so, but I fear its a vain hope. A .22 air rifle is
probably a better bet.

Not so long ago I was working at a house that had just had PV panels
installed on the garage roof. She did not like the look of them and said
"Let's grow some conifers so that we cannot see them". Well the conifers
would have stopped them working:-)

Mind you, this was the same woman that asked for a pond building on a slope
so that she could see the fish from the house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.ukwrote:
Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
¬)

One can only hope so, but I fear its a vain hope. A .22 air rifle is
probably a better bet.

Not so long ago I was working at a house that had just had PV panels
installed on the garage roof. She did not like the look of them and said
"Let's grow some conifers so that we cannot see them". Well the conifers
would have stopped them working:-)

Mind you, this was the same woman that asked for a pond building on a slope
so that she could see the fish from the house.

--
Adam

And local rag headlines in Hull show Karl Turner MP is conducting a
witch hunt against a teacher who said some of her pupils were thick/
inbred? Sounds as though he should meet your contact.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 20, 9:23*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Mind you, this was the same woman that asked for a pond building on a slope
so that she could see the fish from the house.

I think I may have lived with her at one time...

I did get pushed into building a pond on a sloping garden. Nice job in
the end, but a right old faff to get it all to work - something like
six or seven different pondlets as a cascade and a big one top and
bottom.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
�)

One can only hope so, but I fear its a vain hope. A .22 air rifle is
probably a better bet.

Not so long ago I was working at a house that had just had PV panels
installed on the garage roof. She did not like the look of them and said
"Let's grow some conifers so that we cannot see them". Well the conifers
would have stopped them working:-)

Mind you, this was the same woman that asked for a pond building on a slope
so that she could see the fish from the house.

Did you tell her that would be fine if she could buy a small black hole
in a box to bury under it, to modify the local gravitational vectors?

Like we used to send the prentice off to see if he could find Mr R.
Sole, somewhere - ask the girl on the desk to page him..

Or sent him to the stores for some unobtanium strip.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

)
One can only hope so, but I fear its a vain hope. A .22 air rifle is
probably a better bet.

Not so long ago I was working at a house that had just had PV panels
installed on the garage roof. She did not like the look of them and said
"Let's grow some conifers so that we cannot see them". Well the conifers
would have stopped them working:-)

Mind you, this was the same woman that asked for a pond building on a slope
so that she could see the fish from the house.

Did you tell her that would be fine if she could buy a small black hole
in a box to bury under it, to modify the local gravitational vectors?

Like we used to send the prentice off to see if he could find Mr R.
Sole, somewhere - ask the girl on the desk to page him..

Or sent him to the stores for some unobtanium strip.

old habits die hard ...........;))

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
[...]

I thought the paging announcements were usually to ask whether anyone
had seen Mike Hunt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:42:58 +0100, NoSpam wrote:

Like we used to send the prentice off to see if he could find Mr

R.
Sole, somewhere - ask the girl on the desk to page him..

Or sent him to the stores for some unobtanium strip.

I thought the paging announcements were usually to ask whether anyone
had seen Mike Hunt

Or Peter Nis.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , NoSpam wrote:

I thought the paging announcements were usually to ask whether anyone
had seen Mike Hunt

I went to school with someone who really was named Mike Hunt.
Generally known as "Mike Hunt-with-an-H".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Like we used to send the prentice off to see if he could find Mr R.
Sole, somewhere - ask the girl on the desk to page him..

Or sent him to the stores for some unobtanium strip.

I had one apprentice who after starting college asked me "why don't you ever
sent me to fetch stuff like left handed screwdivers etc"

I shouted at him "I sent you to fetch a ****ing Makita drill the other day
from the van and you could not find it so why should I pay you to **** about
looking for stuff that does not exist? Now get your hands out of your
pockets you lazy little ******* and get some work done before I slap you"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K writes:

Or sent him to the stores for some unobtanium strip.

old habits die hard ...........;))

About 95 years ago in Edinburgh it was apparently common to send the
new office boy to buy a bottle of tartan ink.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.ukwrote:
[...]

Or sent him to the stores for some unobtanium strip.- Hide quoted text -

Or to ask for the long weight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.ukwrote:
[...]

Jim K- Hide quoted text -

Or the metric adjustable spanner.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message

Or the metric adjustable spanner.

I've got one, the scale is in mm.
I used to have one with sixteenths marked on it but it got lost a decade or
two ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes
www.GymRatZ.co.ukwrote:
[...]

Or the bucket full of steam and 5" Green gauge.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

I've got one, the scale is in mm.

We know.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

In message
, harry
writes
www.GymRatZ.co.ukwrote:
[...]

Rubber hammer for knocking in glass nails

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:53:00 +0100, www.GymRatZ.co.uk
wrote:

Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
:¬)

The canceling of government subsidies in most EU countries has already
taken care of that. The Solar industry is currently dead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
:¬)

The canceling of government subsidies in most EU countries has already *
taken care of that. * The Solar industry is currently dead.

They are not being cancelled but reduced as was always the intention.
In the UK they are to be reduced for new istallations by 7% on April
2012.
The subsisidy was always intended as an inducement to get the industry
going. It has suceeded in this. The price of panels will come down
too so it will be neither here nor there.

You are talking drivel. The installers have never been busier as
people try to beat the April deadline.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Will predicted huge increases in solar radiation (sunspot
activity/flares etc etc) wipe-out P.V. panels?

Just a thought.
:¬)

The canceling of government subsidies in most EU countries has already *
taken care of that. * The Solar industry is currently dead.

http://www.alternativeoutlook.co.uk/...s-and-markets/

BTW, the "governments" are not subsidising renewables. Other energy
users are. ie you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 23, 7:20*pm, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
"Tim Lamb" *wrote in message

In message
, harry
writes
www.GymRatZ.co.ukwrote:
[...]

My brother was sent round the building site for a sky hook, and I fell
for elbow grease when I had to join the school cadet force (yes I am
that old!) and had to polish brass buttons, etc.

One of the better ones came from an air cadet - their favourite was
asking some poor RAF corporal sent to instruct them was if this model
was fitted with a "widgitating postenulator".