Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.d-i-y

Default Behold, the Mighty Angle Grinder of Phorm

this could be a repeat, as bananaseptember seems to have dropped the
first in the bit bucket

The old Bosch (which had given excellent service for years) finally
blew its guts, so I bought one of these today...

http://www.powertoolonline.ie/aisle/...ita-ga9020.htm

Lovely, it is. Surprisingly, the local hardware store had it cheaper
than the online supplier once delivery was taken into account.
I have a pile of 9" discs to work through; I may be some time.
Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.d-i-y

On 28 Sep 2011 16:15:03 GMT, "Krusty"
wrote:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

this could be a repeat, as bananaseptember seems to have dropped the
first in the bit bucket

FFS. How many times do people have to be told?

It's user error. It's _always_ user error.

Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:33:04 +0000, Krusty wrote:
It's user error. It's always user error.

A bit of both really. E-S does sometimes appear not to have processed a
post, but it always always goes through, & has been mentioned as the
standard E-S failure mode numerous times.

Interesting. I use E-S and sometimes my newsreader (Pan) will post
something two or three times (sometimes also throwing up a duplicate
message error). It seems to only happen when my own system is heavily
loaded, so I've always put it down to a bug in Pan - but perhaps it's
actually E-S, or some combination of the two (FWIW I never used to see it
happen against individual.net, only E-S)

Maybe it's still user error though, because I'm choosing to use a
newsreader that automatically tries to re-post if it things posting has
failed ;-)

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.d-i-y

"Krusty" wrote in news:4e847370$0$2499
:

This. I /think/ what happens is E-S sometimes fails to send a 'message
received' notification back to the newsreader. With XanaNews, that
results in the message sitting in the Queued Requests, apparently
unsent. So I just right-click & kill it, knowing that it almost
certainly has gone through ok.

I support your hypothesis and usually remember to use a similar workaround
using Xnews.