Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solvent weld pipe.advice needed please...

What sizes and shapes of solvent weld pipe are available?
I'm hoping to find either 68mm round black, or something similar in a
rectangular pipe.

Also does anyone know of a plastic chain made of similar materials?
Yes, another "not quite normal" DIY project in the making.
I'm looking to solvent weld half a link of plastic chain into a split
round of plastic pipe with the two split halves joined by a suitable
sized steel hinge, using countersunk machine screws and threadlocked
Acorn nuts.

Does anyone think it will work, and can anyone guess what weird
concoction I'm making now?

--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"Elder" wrote in message

What sizes and shapes of solvent weld pipe are available?
I'm hoping to find either 68mm round black, or something similar in a
rectangular pipe.

Also does anyone know of a plastic chain made of similar materials?
Yes, another "not quite normal" DIY project in the making.
I'm looking to solvent weld half a link of plastic chain into a split
round of plastic pipe with the two split halves joined by a suitable
sized steel hinge, using countersunk machine screws and threadlocked
Acorn nuts.

Does anyone think it will work, and can anyone guess what weird
concoction I'm making now?

--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases
Topcashback http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/skraggy_uk/ref/index.htm
Greasypalm http://www.greasypalm.co.uk/r/?l=1006553

Heaven knows what that will be.
Please tell.
Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Baz wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

68mm is standard gutter downpipe and can be solvent welded.
Look for UPVC chain which should be compatible.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 20, 5:35 pm, "Baz" wrote:
"Elder" wrote in message

What sizes and shapes of solvent weld pipe are available?
I'm hoping to find either 68mm round black, or something similar in a
rectangular pipe.

Also does anyone know of a plastic chain made of similar materials?
Yes, another "not quite normal" DIY project in the making.
I'm looking to solvent weld half a link of plastic chain into a split
round of plastic pipe with the two split halves joined by a suitable
sized steel hinge, using countersunk machine screws and threadlocked
Acorn nuts.

Does anyone think it will work, and can anyone guess what weird
concoction I'm making now?

Heaven knows what that will be.
Please tell.
Baz

FFS not more thrifty sadomasochist DIY?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
Does this involve Karen Gillan?

Webcam address please

No, but I can assure you, I have some very attractive customers for some
of the products I make and sell.

But that isn't to say I wouldn't make her a set if she asked

--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases
Topcashback http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/skraggy_uk/ref/index.htm
Greasypalm http://www.greasypalm.co.uk/r/?l=1006553
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Elder wrote:

In article ,
says...
Does this involve Karen Gillan?

Webcam address please

No, but I can assure you, I have some very attractive customers for some
of the products I make and sell.

But that isn't to say I wouldn't make her a set if she asked

Do you need an apprentice?

--
Tim Watts

Solvent weld waste pipe (again) Roger Mills[_2_] UK diy 20 June 10th 10 08:29 AM
Solvent weld joints for waste pipe Roger Mills[_2_] UK diy 5 June 1st 10 02:44 PM
Solvent weld pipe ? Arfa Daily UK diy 13 June 4th 08 02:09 AM
Flexible waste pipe to solvent weld..? Matt UK diy 9 July 30th 06 09:49 PM
Solvent-weld waste pipe Lobster UK diy 8 August 11th 05 12:39 PM