Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metal Post base supports

Anyone know the name of or even better a UK supplier of the
metal post supports you see abroad

these consist of a metal bracket approx 1" wide concreted into the floor,
and then the bracket comes up on two sides
to secure the post, keeps the post off the floor and from rotting I guess.

Hope I've described well enough

TIA
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 14, 10:33*am, "Vass" wrote:
Anyone know the name of or even better a UK supplier of the
metal post supports you see abroad

these consist of a metal bracket approx 1" wide concreted into the floor,
and then the bracket comes up on two sides
to secure the post, keeps the post off the floor and from rotting I guess..

Hope I've described well enough

TIA
--
Vass

You might get something here

http://www.metpost.co.uk/mp_prod_selection.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You might get something here

http://www.metpost.co.uk/mp_prod_selection.html

nope, nothing like it
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vass wrote:
Anyone know the name of or even better a UK supplier of the
metal post supports you see abroad

these consist of a metal bracket approx 1" wide concreted into the floor,
and then the bracket comes up on two sides
to secure the post, keeps the post off the floor and from rotting I guess.

Something like http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cons.../sd3224/p29420 ?

http://tinyurl.com/6kj4ybe

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 14, 3:07 pm, dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman) wrote:
In article ,

Vass wrote:
Anyone know the name of or even better a UK supplier of the
metal post supports you see abroad

these consist of a metal bracket approx 1" wide concreted into the floor,
and then the bracket comes up on two sides
to secure the post, keeps the post off the floor and from rotting I guess.

Something likehttp://www.toolstation.com/shop/Construction%20Materials/Decking%20&%...?

http://tinyurl.com/6kj4ybe

Darren

or even

http://www.toolstation.com/shop//d210/sd3224/p82691

(to concrete in)

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message

http://www.toolstation.com/shop//d210/sd3224/p82691

(to concrete in)

thats it, but you bolt it to the concrete
many thanks!
--
Vass

Base for lamp-post Dan Smithers[_2_] UK diy 8 November 11th 08 02:10 PM
Fence Post Base Bracket Torr Home Repair 2 May 16th 06 05:36 AM
Bathroom sink - does it need post supports? Dan_Musicant Home Repair 3 October 20th 05 09:33 PM
Post Anchor Base Roger UK diy 1 August 16th 05 01:42 AM
Genset metal frame supports? SomeBody Metalworking 0 April 6th 05 09:57 AM