Posted to alt.home.repair
Torr

Default Fence Post Base Bracket

Hi,

Anyone know a source for a bolt-down fence post base bracket like this one:

http://www.metpost.com/boltdown.html

Unfortunately they are UK only and shippind would be $$$.

I need to mount a fence post over an existing concrete slab.

I looked at Simpson Stong-Tie and USP Connectors, but they both
specifically call out that their bolt-down post bases should not be
used with a post unsupported at the top as in a fence post.

Thanks.

Torr

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you cant find them already made a local steeel supplier could
fabricate them....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Abe

Anyone know a source for a bolt-down fence post base bracket like this one:
http://www.metpost.com/boltdown.html
Unfortunately they are UK only and shippind would be $$$.
I need to mount a fence post over an existing concrete slab.
I looked at Simpson Stong-Tie and USP Connectors, but they both
specifically call out that their bolt-down post bases should not be
used with a post unsupported at the top as in a fence post.

Haven't seen it listed in the US, but you can try contacting them at:
http://www.metpost.com/contact.html

LV jointer plane fence is too tall for me David Woodworking 0 December 3rd 05 08:16 PM
wood fence post size - bigger is better? peter Home Repair 8 July 12th 05 07:54 PM
Tilted fence post - correcting NikV UK diy 1 July 5th 05 11:43 PM
easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM
Ping - Leon (Trials and Tribulations of Finding an Accurate Fence) Bob Woodworking 2 June 28th 04 09:52 PM