DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fence Post Base Bracket (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/161610-fence-post-base-bracket.html)

Torr May 16th 06 02:43 AM

Fence Post Base Bracket

Hi,

Anyone know a source for a bolt-down fence post base bracket like this one:

http://www.metpost.com/boltdown.html

Unfortunately they are UK only and shippind would be $$$.

I need to mount a fence post over an existing concrete slab.

I looked at Simpson Stong-Tie and USP Connectors, but they both
specifically call out that their bolt-down post bases should not be
used with a post unsupported at the top as in a fence post.

Thanks.

Torr

[email protected] May 16th 06 03:42 AM

Fence Post Base Bracket

If you cant find them already made a local steeel supplier could
fabricate them....

Abe May 16th 06 05:36 AM

Fence Post Base Bracket

Anyone know a source for a bolt-down fence post base bracket like this one:
http://www.metpost.com/boltdown.html
Unfortunately they are UK only and shippind would be $$$.
I need to mount a fence post over an existing concrete slab.
I looked at Simpson Stong-Tie and USP Connectors, but they both
specifically call out that their bolt-down post bases should not be
used with a post unsupported at the top as in a fence post.

Haven't seen it listed in the US, but you can try contacting them at:
http://www.metpost.com/contact.html