Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mini roller query

I have a mini roller pack which I plan to use to paint a door.

I have to undercoat it then top coat it with satin or gloss.

I was wondering what the smooth roller is for and which the ruffled one is
for ?

I'm after a smooth look finish on the doors.

thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2011 20:58, Pete wrote:
I have a mini roller pack which I plan to use to paint a door.

I have to undercoat it then top coat it with satin or gloss.

I was wondering what the smooth roller is for and which the ruffled one is
for ?

Ruffled - treat as any other similar style roller - great for emulsion
etc. The smooth ones are supposed to be for gloss etc.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2011 21:45, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/09/2011 20:58, Pete wrote:
I have a mini roller pack which I plan to use to paint a door.

I have to undercoat it then top coat it with satin or gloss.

I was wondering what the smooth roller is for and which the ruffled
one is
for ?

Ruffled - treat as any other similar style roller - great for emulsion
etc. The smooth ones are supposed to be for gloss etc.

Having used a smooth one for gloss I've concluded you could get a better
finish with a floor mop/dead badger.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Having used a smooth one for gloss I've concluded you could get a better
finish with a floor mop/dead badger.

Having used a _varnish_ one for the bottom of my racing dinghy I don't
think I'll ever brush it again.

.... except looking at Wickes website they don't seem to do them any more

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/09/2011 21:54, Andy Champ wrote:
Having used a smooth one for gloss I've concluded you could get a better
finish with a floor mop/dead badger.

Having used a _varnish_ one for the bottom of my racing dinghy I don't
think I'll ever brush it again.

... except looking at Wickes website they don't seem to do them any more

Andy

err perhaps it was Homebase?

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...umber =583498

Andy