Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Miele W460 Door Seal

Our Miele W460 washing machine has developed a small leak from the bottom of
the door and I suspect the door seal has gone. I've checked for any
obstruction or damage etc but can't see anything so guess it's just the 8
years of use that have taken their toll.

As I've never replaced a seal before can anyone explain how I do this on
this particular model.

Thanks

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 26, 6:20*pm, "JimM" wrote:
Our Miele W460 washing machine has developed a small leak from the bottom of
the door and I suspect the door seal has gone. I've checked for any
obstruction or damage etc but can't see anything so guess it's just the 8
years of use that have taken their toll.

As I've never replaced a seal before can anyone explain how I do this on
this particular model.

Thanks

Jim

Most of the door seals just roll on to the cabinet and are removed by
getting your fingernails under the edge of it and peeling back from
the outside (sat in front of machine with door open).
The inner end is secured on to the tub with a long wire clip and
screw. You needto take the top off the machine to access this. Easy
job.
Be sure to accurately reposition the wire clip when reassembling.
New "tub/shell gasket" is expensive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

On 26 Aug,
"JimM" wrote:

Our Miele W460 washing machine has developed a small leak from the bottom
of the door and I suspect the door seal has gone. I've checked for any
obstruction or damage etc but can't see anything so guess it's just the 8
years of use that have taken their toll.

As I've never replaced a seal before can anyone explain how I do this on
this particular model.

Don't they have a ten year warranty?

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Assuming nobody has strained the door hinges that is. I had a machine like
that..

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message
On Friday, August 26, 2011 6:20:53 PM UTC+1, JimM wrote:
Our Miele W460 washing machine has developed a small leak from the bottom
of
the door and I suspect the door seal has gone. I've checked for any
obstruction or damage etc but can't see anything so guess it's just the 8
years of use that have taken their toll.

As I've never replaced a seal before can anyone explain how I do this on
this particular model.

Thanks

Jim

Door weather seal [email protected] UK diy 5 October 29th 10 01:32 AM
fridge door seal cshenk Home Repair 0 September 14th 09 11:22 PM
Miele dishwasher door removal HK Home Repair 0 February 4th 06 02:20 PM
door seal BRIAN DENHOLM UK diy 1 October 14th 05 10:08 PM