Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door weather seal

I have a double glazed upvc front door which has a weather strip which
goes in a 'T' slot on the bottom of the door. This strip has failed,
its ripped out, and I cannot find anybody who can recommend where I
can get a replacement. The strip is rather like a car wiper blade. Its
made of rubber and is T shaped and about 10mm wide. Does anybody know
what it is called and where I could get a replacement. The installer
has gone bust so contacting them is no use.
Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Oct, 11:01, wrote:
I have a double glazed upvc front door which has a weather strip which
goes in a 'T' slot on the bottom of the door. This strip has failed,
its ripped out, *and I cannot find anybody who can recommend where I
can get a replacement. The strip is rather like a car wiper blade. Its
made of rubber and is T shaped and about 10mm wide. Does anybody know
what it is called and where I could get a replacement. The installer
has gone bust so contacting them is no use.
Thanks

Ironmongery Direct do a variety:

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/P...rs_and_Windows
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Oct, 13:31, " wrote:
On 25 Oct, 11:01, wrote:

I have a double glazed upvc front door which has a weather strip which
goes in a 'T' slot on the bottom of the door. This strip has failed,
its ripped out, *and I cannot find anybody who can recommend where I
can get a replacement. The strip is rather like a car wiper blade. Its
made of rubber and is T shaped and about 10mm wide. Does anybody know
what it is called and where I could get a replacement. The installer
has gone bust so contacting them is no use.
Thanks

Ironmongery Direct do a variety:

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/P...rs_and_Windows

Thanks, not quite it though. This is like a rubber blade I guess.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Oct, 09:19, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:01:55 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Does anybody know what it is called and where I could get a replacement.

Any printed markings on the profiles that may give a clue to the
maker of the profile? There aren't that many companies making the
profiles even if there are hundreds of companies making windows/doors
from the profiles.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Have found http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMS/s...DepartmentId=8
and its like part OWS778 which I have ordered to try