Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Auto closers for kitchen drawers

Are these available for retro fit? I'm just getting a regular moan
from HID about the cutlery drawer getting stuff dropped into it from
the worktop by members of the family not shutting it properly. The
drawers are solid wood made with simple runners from the likes of
Screwfix.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2011 21:24, robgraham wrote:
Are these available for retro fit? I'm just getting a regular moan
from HID about the cutlery drawer getting stuff dropped into it from
the worktop by members of the family not shutting it properly. The
drawers are solid wood made with simple runners from the likes of
Screwfix.

Rob

Just change the drawer runners for the metal type with wheels - they
have a slanted section of the runner, causing the drawer to close by
gravity as long as it is pushed most of the way.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robgraham" wrote in message
Are these available for retro fit? I'm just getting a regular moan
from HID about the cutlery drawer getting stuff dropped into it from
the worktop by members of the family not shutting it properly. The
drawers are solid wood made with simple runners from the likes of
Screwfix.

Rob

Something like these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kitchen-Dr...item5d2f69a2cd

watch out for line splitting on the link.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 16, 2:26*am, "BigWallop" wrote:
"robgraham" wrote in message

Are these available for retro fit? *I'm just getting a regular moan
from HID about the cutlery drawer getting stuff dropped into it from
the worktop by members of the family not shutting it properly. *The
drawers are solid wood made with simple runners from the likes of
Screwfix.

Rob

Something like these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kitchen-Dr...n-retro-fitted...

watch out for line splitting on the link.

Many thanks, BW - should have thought of looking on Ebay - there's
little you can't get that way now; may not be the cheapest source but
it certainly is one of the most extensive. I'll get a couple and see
how they get on.
Rob

Kitchen Drawers Swingman Woodworking 13 October 3rd 07 05:00 AM
Kitchen Drawers Swingman Woodworking Plans and Photos 10 October 3rd 07 05:00 AM
Kitchen Drawers Swingman Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 October 2nd 07 11:44 AM
auto hold open storm door closers jsmith Home Repair 3 August 16th 05 12:41 AM
Kitchen Cab drawers Wyatt Woodworking 3 February 15th 05 06:30 PM