Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tool for removing rust etc. - report on GMC 'paint scraper'

This refers to my recent posting about a 'chipper' type tool as used
by welders for removing rust. I wanted a small/lightweight one for
removing rust from our boat hull and superstructure.

Well I've bought one of these:-
http://www.jwswelding.co.uk/componen...aper-200w.html
(I didn't buy it from here)

It arrived today and, after a short play, it seems almost *exactly*
what I wanted. I doubt if it's particularly good for removing paint
from soft[ish] surfaces like wood and plastic as it is rather easy to
dig in the to surface being scraped. However for scraping corrosion
and old paint off metal it's excellent. One of the blades is quite
narrow, about 1/2" wide, and will be good at getting into awkward
corners on the boat.

I've also found that it's rather good at scraping lime-scale off horse
waterers! :-)

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

Well I've bought one of these:-
http://www.jwswelding.co.uk/componen...aper-200w.html

Not found, try this...
url:http://www.jwswelding.co.uk/componen...raper&sef=hcfp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

Well I've bought one of these:-
http://www.jwswelding.co.uk/componen...aper-200w.html

Not found, try this...
url:http://www.jwswelding.co.uk/componen...raper&sef=hcfp

A google shopping search for GMC Paint Scraper brings up lots of hits,
that was just the most convenient one. I wonder why my URL was
lacking, maybe they're built dynamically somehow.

--
Chris Green