Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sticks Like Sh*t

Had a tube of Sticks Like Sh*t in the kitchen today whilst boxing in
some pipes.

Granddaughter thought it was hysterically funny - as you do when you are
8 years old :-)

Since shes not allowed to say the word sh*t she re named it 'Poo Glue'!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I bought a tube of this from my local Screwfix counter last week, as part of
an order. To my surprise, the assistant (male, burly, thirtyish) couldn't
bring himself to say the name. Checking off my list, he came to "Sticks
like - well, you know"...

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2011 19:28, Bert Coules wrote:
I bought a tube of this from my local Screwfix counter last week, as
part of an order. To my surprise, the assistant (male, burly, thirtyish)
couldn't bring himself to say the name. Checking off my list, he came to
"Sticks like - well, you know"...

Bert

Without thinking, we sometimes get 2 beers on the bar that some
customers will not ask for by name...

The dogs ******** and
Sheep shagger.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

To be fair to the guy from Screwfix - and this has only just occurred to
me - the stuff isn't actually called "Sticks Like ****", is it? So it was
unreasonable of me to laugh at the fact that he didn't say that.

Mind you, just how do you pronounce "Sh*t"?

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 19:28:58 +0100, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

I bought a tube of this from my local Screwfix counter last week, as part of
an order. To my surprise, the assistant (male, burly, thirtyish) couldn't
bring himself to say the name. Checking off my list, he came to "Sticks
like - well, you know"...

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 22:47:59 +0100, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

To be fair to the guy from Screwfix - and this has only just occurred to
me - the stuff isn't actually called "Sticks Like ****", is it? So it was
unreasonable of me to laugh at the fact that he didn't say that.

Mind you, just how do you pronounce "Sh*t"?

Sierra Hotel Star Tango - shall we dance the night away, sir?

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MM
wrote

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time
you want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.
--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2011 06:50 AM, Alan wrote:

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time
you want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Indded, but there *should* be things more important than making a quick
profit. How hypocritical does society have to be, to produce a product
that parents - well those that give a sh*t - tell their children not to
use?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 21:46:48 +0100, Dave wrote:

On 06/08/2011 19:28, Bert Coules wrote:
I bought a tube of this from my local Screwfix counter last week, as
part of an order. To my surprise, the assistant (male, burly, thirtyish)
couldn't bring himself to say the name. Checking off my list, he came to
"Sticks like - well, you know"...

Bert

Without thinking, we sometimes get 2 beers on the bar that some
customers will not ask for by name...

The dogs ******** and
Sheep shagger.

Dave

When my GF wanted some alcopop called, IIRC, FCUK I asked for an anagram -
the barmaid knew what I meant.
In a pub in London I asked the manager if there were any pint mugs
available. He said yes - ask the barmaid if she has any jugs! (she had, but
they weren't pint-size!).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Cap
wrote
On 08/07/2011 06:50 AM, Alan wrote:

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time
you want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Indded, but there *should* be things more important than making a quick
profit. How hypocritical does society have to be, to produce a product
that parents - well those that give a sh*t - tell their children not to
use?

For far better than large corporations brainwashing your kids with
"branding" so the next time you want to eat out their only suggestion
will be to drag you into the nearest McDonald's.
--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 18:44:17 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Had a tube of Sticks Like Sh*t in the kitchen today whilst boxing in
some pipes.

Granddaughter thought it was hysterically funny - as you do when you are
8 years old :-)

Since shes not allowed to say the word sh*t she re named it 'Poo Glue'!

Toolstation do a version without the sh*t

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhe.../sd3199/p98810

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"2 ******** and a Shagger please"...

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/2011 08:18, Andy Cap wrote:
On 08/07/2011 06:50 AM, Alan wrote:

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time
you want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Indded, but there *should* be things more important than making a quick
profit. How hypocritical does society have to be, to produce a product
that parents - well those that give a sh*t - tell their children not to
use?

TBF you wouldn't want kids using this stuff :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Had a tube of Sticks Like Sh*t in the kitchen today whilst boxing in
some pipes.

Granddaughter thought it was hysterically funny - as you do when you are
8 years old :-)

Since shes not allowed to say the word sh*t she re named it 'Poo Glue'!

Great stuff, the only problem I have with it, as with other similar
solvent based grab adhesives, is keeping the half empty tube for next
time - it invariably has gone hard in the tube and/or nozzle.
Particularly in most of them where the nozzle cap is just a push fit
rather than screw on.

The cynic in me of course says that it's deliberate on the
manufacturers part!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , MM
wrote

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time you
want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Well it might be.. but as sh!t doesn't stick anything to anything you may
well decide to buy gripfix or something that sounds like it will stick
stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2011 11:36 AM, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Indded, but there *should* be things more important than making a quick
profit. How hypocritical does society have to be, to produce a product
that parents - well those that give a sh*t - tell their children not to
use?

TBF you wouldn't want kids using this stuff :-)

Getting the phrasing wrong, makes all the difference ! ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I bought a tube of this from my local Screwfix counter last week, as
part of an order. To my surprise, the assistant (male, burly,
thirtyish) couldn't bring himself to say the name. Checking off my
list, he came to "Sticks like - well, you know"...

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

You obviously don't get out very often.

Two years ago I mentioned remote programmable thermostats and you thought
that I was joking.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

Google for "Star, you *******", too.

Brings up the instant response: "Did you mean: *Start*, you *******?"!

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

Yes.

Er... no.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , MM
wrote

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time you
want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Well it might be.. but as sh!t doesn't stick anything to anything you may
well decide to buy gripfix or something that sounds like it will stick
stuff.

You need to get out more. The full saying is "Sticks like **** to a
blanket".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , MM
wrote

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.
The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time you
want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Well it might be.. but as sh!t doesn't stick anything to anything you may
well decide to buy gripfix or something that sounds like it will stick
stuff.

You need to get out more. The full saying is "Sticks like **** to a
blanket".

/Mode=Pedant
Sticks like **** to an *army* blanket.
Mode/

HTH.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bert Coules wrote:
Huge wrote:

Google for "Star, you *******", too.

Brings up the instant response: "Did you mean: *Start*, you *******?"!

Somebody *was* listening to me yesterday morning, then.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
Huge wrote:

Google for "Star, you *******", too.

Brings up the instant response: "Did you mean: *Start*, you *******?"!

ITYM: Start Ya *******

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Sta...ngine_Starter/

Only in Oz...

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/2011 11:55, dennis@home wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , MM
wrote

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product
named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April
Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and
behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time
you want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Well it might be.. but as sh!t doesn't stick anything to anything you
may well decide to buy gripfix or something that sounds like it will
stick stuff.

Dennis is a world renowned expert on ****. He is full of it.

Oh - and its Gripfill you idiot - which shows how much you know about
the subject - **** all as usual.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gordon Henderson wrote:

ITYM: Start Ya *******
Only in Oz...

Maybe we didn't give a XXXX for it over here?

http://grocerytrader.co.uk/?p=1082

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 14:41:00 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:

ITYM: Start Ya *******
Only in Oz...

Maybe we didn't give a XXXX for it over here?

http://grocerytrader.co.uk/?p=1082

That's nothing. I can pop into any Boots for a quick FCUK if I pay
cash.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Oh - and its Gripfill you idiot - which shows how much you know about the
subject - **** all as usual.

If I wanted to say Gripfill I would have said Gripfill, but you are too
stupid to understand as you constantly demonstrate.
Anyway you are boring so I wont reply however stupidly you behave, now go
and play with the cyclists like a good troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bert Coules"
saying something like:

Brings up the instant response: "Did you mean: *Start*, you *******?"!

"Rattle like **** and run a bearing, ya *******."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Oh - and its Gripfill you idiot - which shows how much you know
about the subject - **** all as usual.

If I wanted to say Gripfill I would have said Gripfill, but you are
too stupid to understand as you constantly demonstrate.

So you did not know the correct name then?

Anyway you are boring so I wont reply however stupidly you behave,

Well you just replied to him. That proves the point that TMH made. ie you
are full of ****.

--
Adam

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Oh - and its Gripfill you idiot - which shows how much you know
about the subject - **** all as usual.

If I wanted to say Gripfill I would have said Gripfill, but you are
too stupid to understand as you constantly demonstrate.

So you did not know the correct name then?

What correct name?
I am not trying to tell anyone which glue to use just a generic name that
would have been better than the sh!t one.
The fact that you and TMM can't grasp that is your problem.

Anyway you are boring so I wont reply however stupidly you behave,

Well you just replied to him. That proves the point that TMH made. ie you
are full of ****.

Well he is boring, always the same old cr@p.
He really should be trolling a few cyclists.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Oh - and its Gripfill you idiot - which shows how much you know
about the subject - **** all as usual.

If I wanted to say Gripfill I would have said Gripfill, but you are
too stupid to understand as you constantly demonstrate.

So you did not know the correct name then?

What correct name?
I am not trying to tell anyone which glue to use just a generic name
that would have been better than the sh!t one.
The fact that you and TMM can't grasp that is your problem.

Anyway you are boring so I wont reply however stupidly you behave,

Well you just replied to him. That proves the point that TMH made.
ie you are full of ****.

Well he is boring, always the same old cr@p.
He really should be trolling a few cyclists.

So why did you reply to him saying "I am not going to reply to you"?

Your logic is not very good is it?

--
Adam

Glue sticks John UK diy 5 May 22nd 08 09:48 AM
Popsicle Sticks J T Woodworking 0 December 30th 07 01:02 AM
Alternative to Sticks Like Sh*t Don The Duck UK diy 6 May 5th 06 07:14 PM
Slip Sticks & Story Sticks charlie b Woodworking 8 February 27th 06 04:00 PM
Marking Sticks [email protected] Woodturning 6 September 2nd 05 02:52 PM