Posted to uk.d-i-y
Don The Duck

Default Alternative to Sticks Like Sh*t

Can anyone recommend a high grip adhesive with similar qualities to
Sticks Like Sh*t/Serious Stuff from Evostick but without the exorbetent
price tag.

I'll be creating ensuites for our small hotel and will Aquapanel roof
and walls without screws. Walls will hold roof up but want to be sure
it stays up by afixing to framing.

Thanks
D the D

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don The Duck
Can anyone recommend a high grip adhesive with similar qualities to
Sticks Like Sh*t/Serious Stuff from Evostick but without the exorbetent
price tag.

I'll be creating ensuites for our small hotel and will Aquapanel roof
and walls without screws. Walls will hold roof up but want to be sure
it stays up by afixing to framing.

Thanks
D the D
Gripfills your man! Buy bulk from Screwfix for a cheaper price or ebay!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Don The Duck

Thanks for that - Had a look at Screwfix site:Gripfill, Gripfill Max or
Gripfill - Solvent Free?? Is it a case of the more you pay the better
the product?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Don The Duck wrote:
Had a look at Screwfix site:Gripfill, Gripfill Max or
Gripfill - Solvent Free??

Use solvent Gripfill, it's as good as anything. Solvent free
isn't as good.

Is it a case of the more you pay the better the product?

Not really, some "names" cost extra. Ceramide stuff is also
OK, if you can find it, but Gripfill is the "standard".
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bacon
Don The Duck wrote:
Had a look at Screwfix site:Gripfill, Gripfill Max or
Gripfill - Solvent Free??

Use solvent Gripfill, it's as good as anything. Solvent free
isn't as good.

Is it a case of the more you pay the better the product?

Not really, some "names" cost extra. Ceramide stuff is also
OK, if you can find it, but Gripfill is the "standard".
Yep, agree. Solvent-free aint so good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Don The Duck

Thanks for that.
If it lands on my head I'll know who to invoice for damages - assuming
of course it managed to damage anything!! Very unlikely!

Many thanks again.
Don the Duck

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick H

Don The Duck Wrote:
Can anyone recommend a high grip adhesive with similar qualities to
Sticks Like Sh*t/Serious Stuff from Evostick but without the
exorbetent
price tag.

I'll be creating ensuites for our small hotel and will Aquapanel roof
and walls without screws. Walls will hold roof up but want to be sure
it stays up by afixing to framing.

Thanks
D the D

Ive used a lot of different stuff and the Pinkgrip is about the best, I
always swore by solvent gripfill but the pinkgrip definately has the
edge.

--
Nick H

Slip Sticks & Story Sticks charlie b Woodworking 8 February 27th 06 04:00 PM
Screwfix alternative for electrical Fash UK diy 7 February 20th 06 10:50 PM
Should we end the mortgage interest deduction? Steve Home Ownership 38 November 20th 05 12:59 PM
Chlorine Alternative Doc Home Repair 0 September 17th 05 11:42 PM
Looking for alternative to 'bubble' solar pool cover .... Ken Smith Home Ownership 0 September 14th 04 09:09 PM