Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window Stay ID

Got some windows with window stays. But we would really like longer ones
(think these are around 9/10" - would like 12" or so).

But we actually quite like these ones - and want any replacements to be in
keeping with the ones we are not wanting to replace. Problem is, we cannot
identify the maker or locate a source. Anyone able to help?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/stay%201.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/stay%202.jpg

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
Got some windows with window stays. But we would really like longer ones
(think these are around 9/10" - would like 12" or so).

But we actually quite like these ones - and want any replacements to be
in keeping with the ones we are not wanting to replace. Problem is, we
cannot identify the maker or locate a source. Anyone able to help?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/stay%201.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/stay%202.jpg

bugger,I've got some similar ones..

where from tho?

Mmm. I think these are mine..not quite the same sadly..

http://www.jim-lawrence.co.uk/Produc...n-Window-Stays

Or these

http://www.suffolklatchcompany.co.uk...dow-collection
http://www.worldofbrass.co.uk/shop/w...ndow-fittings/
Still not quite the same..

This is closer

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/P...ck_Iron/894033

but that the closest match i could find.

May be worth replacing all the stays with something like a monkey tail
or shepherds crook, that is more available.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:49:31 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

polygonum wrote:
[...]

Jolly good try with that last one - but think it is no longer than what we
have.

Don't want the monkey tail or whatever because we need to maximise the
opening ability within a modest window width - if you see what I mean. A
long enough monkey tail to get a really good opening will be too wide for
the space available.

--
Rod

Me DG window won't stay open George UK diy 7 July 5th 18 07:39 PM
Window stay GB UK diy 4 May 2nd 07 11:32 PM
Window does not stay up snalion Home Repair 3 September 20th 06 11:23 AM
Sash window won't stay up Sylvain VAN DER WALDE UK diy 10 August 31st 06 06:46 PM
Window Will Not Stay Up [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 31st 06 05:08 AM