Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brass book binding thingys

In the drawing office we used to put our A3 drawings into books having
punched 4 holes. Through the holes and covers was a brass 2 piece clip.
One half was a large flat head on a tube with an internal thread. The
other half was a similar head but with a threaded stud. The two screwed
together to hold the book together.

Now for the question - what are they called and where might I get
something similar?

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
writes
In the drawing office we used to put our A3 drawings into books having
punched 4 holes. Through the holes and covers was a brass 2 piece clip.
One half was a large flat head on a tube with an internal thread. The
other half was a similar head but with a threaded stud. The two screwed
together to hold the book together.

Now for the question - what are they called and where might I get
something similar?

They appear to be called screw post binders, and the parts you mention
binding posts and screws:

http://www.rsbookbinders.co.uk/shop_cat.php?catid=5

--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , fred writes
In article , John
writes
In the drawing office we used to put our A3 drawings into books having
punched 4 holes. Through the holes and covers was a brass 2 piece clip.
One half was a large flat head on a tube with an internal thread. The
other half was a similar head but with a threaded stud. The two screwed
together to hold the book together.

Now for the question - what are they called and where might I get
something similar?

They appear to be called screw post binders, and the parts you mention
binding posts and screws:

http://www.rsbookbinders.co.uk/shop_cat.php?catid=5

Brilliant - thanks very much

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail

OT kindle ebook reader thingys Jim K[_3_] UK diy 60 March 3rd 11 11:48 AM
Book binding Grumps[_2_] UK diy 28 July 29th 08 11:35 PM
BINDING ROUTER JIG J T Woodworking 0 December 5th 07 04:11 AM
Working with brass - book recommendation Grunff UK diy 4 October 2nd 07 08:47 AM
Dremel thingys The Medway Handyman UK diy 14 October 15th 06 11:42 AM