Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Working with brass - book recommendation

Hi all,

I am a the planning stage of a project which will require the
fabrication of several brass parts. I've worked lots with steel, and a
little with aluminium, but brass is new territory for me.

Can anyone recommend a good book on working with brass (cutting,
finishing, lacquering etc)?

TIA

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-30 20:14:13 +0100, Grunff said:

Hi all,

I am a the planning stage of a project which will require the
fabrication of several brass parts. I've worked lots with steel, and a
little with aluminium, but brass is new territory for me.

Can anyone recommend a good book on working with brass (cutting,
finishing, lacquering etc)?

TIA

Does it involve electricity, high voltage, that kind of thing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:

Does it involve electricity, high voltage, that kind of thing?

Of course! I'm just going for a more elaborate steampunk look this time :-)

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:14:13 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good book on working with brass (cutting,
finishing, lacquering etc)?

It's mainly about decorative silversmithing through to jewellery, but
Tim McCreight's "The Complete Metalsmith" is always worth having
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0871922401/codesmiths

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:

It's mainly about decorative silversmithing through to jewellery, but
Tim McCreight's "The Complete Metalsmith" is always worth having
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0871922401/codesmiths

Thanks muchly.

--
Grunff